“Where the Leprechauns Eat”
Review of Shillelagh House Restaurant - CLOSED

Shillelagh House Restaurant
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not much to look at but the best Fish an Chips in North America. We eat here at least once a year. I make special trips to be here. The service no matter how busk is always good. Don't miss this gem.

2  Thank nole38
There are newer reviews for Shillelagh House Restaurant

Reviewed August 22, 2012

NIcer on the inside than out. We had the Fish & fries and the Digby scallops and fries. Order at the counter and they bring it to you when it's ready. Service good. Nothing fancy here - just plain ol' good food!

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I've tried Murphy's and shilleagh's. Her fish and chips are better! It's the whole package! The fish is similarly fantastic at both places, but here's the crucial difference: chips and price! The fries here are gorgeous, fresh cut, real fries, not from frozen! My husband and I ordered the fish and chips special (I think it's always on). Order 1 two piece fish and chips and get the next half off and a ginger ale. Our bill was less than $20!

2  Thank Michelle12345543
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Fish was excellent, not greasy. The handcut fries are amazing. If you like milkshakes, you should definitely try the vanilla!!! We will go back the next time we go to Truro.

2  Thank Shannon H
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I regularly make it a priority to stop here on our way to or from Halifax whenever we take the trans-Canada route. We have seldom been let down, even with a change in ownership. The portion sizes have shrunk a bit over the years, however they are still very good value for money and a one piece would fill up most people. Their fish always tastes fresh and their hand cut fries are top notch, Cole Slaw is great too and I often like some fried onions with my F & C ( I know.... very different!) and they never charge me extra for a small side order. Avoid the burger though as it is more like a meat loaf - but this place is after all known for fish & chips!