“Afternoon Date”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Frank and Gino's

Frank and Gino's
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, Canada
“Afternoon Date”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I decided we wanted to have an early dinner at Frank and Gino's on a Saturday. It wasn't busy at all, as we beat the dinnertime rush. Our server, Jenna was fantastic, checking in regularly, keeping our Pepsi refilled. My husband had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and I had the Club, both with the fries poutined. The food was delicious, good portion size and we had no room for dessert. We plan on going back in the future to try some of the desserts :) Thanks for providing a great place for our date. We will be back!

• Visited July 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Service Needs Some Help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ate here with some old friends. The atmosphere was fine and the restaurant was busy. The food was pretty good. My salad was a little heavy on the oil. The waiter seemed nervous and was trying maybe a bit too hard. He carried the plates like it was his first time clearing a table and maybe it was. Overall the food was pretty good.

Visited July 2013
Florida
“Great service at bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived late 9pm and worried it would not be open but they stay open past 10pm. One of few in town. Sat at bar and talked to nice bartender who drives every day from Halifax to work here. Good sign. My wife wanted just sautéed scallops with garlic butter and he arranged that no problem. I had pasta with Italian sausage in a rose sauce. Both meals were very good. Local Jost chardonnay and Keiths beer were good thirst quenchers. A great Sidney Crosby sweater on the wall says it all about the eclectic decor. Staff and locals at the bar were friendly with two tourists.

Visited June 2013
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and Big Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in Truro, because it was in close proximity to where we went on the Tidal Bore raft trip. We were pleased to discover Frank & Gino's Restaurant while we were there. They have so many menu items to choose from - Pastas, Steaks, Calzones, Pizza, Burgers and other sandwiches . My husband and I each chose a pasta dish - he the Penne Rustica and I the Asparagus Penne di Gino. I chose my dish, because it was not like the same 'ole pasta dishes that you get in the states. We both thought our dinners were fabulous. The portions were big and each pasta dish comes with a salad (or soup) and a mini loaf of garlic bread. You can get some of the pasta dishes in a smaller portion, which I would recommend unless you have a big appetite. My husband and I liked the restaurant so much that we returned the following day. He got the jambalaya. I got the small portion of Nonna's Lasagna, and I still could not finish it. Again, the dinners were very tasty. The staff is also very friendly. I would highly recommend Frank & Gino's for a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food. Service so so…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We came at 22:00. One waitress served few tables. Forgot about the desert we ordered.…
The soup was 3/5
The chicken pasta was good.
Was a bit too expensive.

• Visited June 2013