“Not a fan..”
Review of One 50 On Willow

One 50 On Willow
Ranked #29 of 115 Restaurants in Truro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New branding of an existing restaurant at Best Western Truro Glengarry. New name, new chef, new menu!! Shareables like Nachos, Sweet Potato Fries, Potato Skins, Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip to Great Salads like Sesame Salad, Caprese Salad, Caesar and also Seafood Chowder and Soup of the Day. A new addition of Flatbreads - Chicken & Bacon, Margarita and Steak and Cheese. Of course, many great burgers, Philly Steak, Fish and Chips, Reuben and Clubhouse and Veggie Burger!! Our Mac N'Cheese with spinach and maple bacon is delish! Also our Sesame Noodle Bowl, Seafood Pappardelle, Linguini Carbonara, Capped Sirloin and Panfried Haddock will make your mouth water! There are many other features as well as a great selection of wines, frozen drinks, cocktails and a new addition - DRAFT BEER with some local beers. Our dessert menu is a must!
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Menu not great nor was the food . Wait staff very nice. Surrounding OK. Needs a redo and much better chef. Lacks taste unfortunately. Can only comment on dinner menu.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Waitress messed up 3 of our table's order and forgot to bring out half of mine. They brought it out after they rest of the meal had finished. They gave us water to start and never made an effort check if we needed more. When I asked for more the waitress quickly walked off without responding, despite hearing.
The food was alright, nothing special. Service was poor

Date of visit: February 2019
Judy N, Owner at One 50 On Willow, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Dear mjmaryrose
So sorry that you had a bad experience in our restaurant. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can learn from it and find out what the issue was at that time. We can always do better.
We hope you will return at some time so we can show you what our hospitality is really like.
Regards, Judy

Reviewed January 16, 2019

I ate here for dinner with my mother. My mother had the ham and vegetable soup as her main and loved it. Lots of great vegetables, more like a stew then soup. I had the haddock with mushroom sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. I wanted rice but they didn't have any. The entire meal was over seasoned. The mashed potatoes were the worst potatoes i've ever eaten. It was like eating raw garlic. The haddock was breaded and then with the sauce on top of it, made it very mushy. They took 20% off my meal because I didn't eat the potatoes. We had the apple crisp with ice cream and we both really liked it. I won't order the fish or potatoes again. I would not return again either but my mom loved the soup and apple crisp and would like to go back.

Date of visit: January 2019
Judy N, Owner at One 50 On Willow, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear Jane A
Thank you for the review on your visit to One 50 on Willow. I'm sorry that your meal was not up to your expectations. I'm glad that your Mom enjoyed hers but we would like you both to have been satisfied.
We appreciate your comments so we can take it as a learning tool and we have already spoken to the kitchen and I'm sure the problem has been rectified.
Again, thank you for giving us your comments.

Reviewed December 10, 2018

Had meal there with some friends .Service was good, Food was also good,pleasant atmosphere .Because we were staying there also had breakfast here and found their hot complimentary breakfast to be better than others.Waitresses were very pleasant on all occasions

Date of visit: October 2018
Judy N, Owner at One 50 On Willow, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Dear djp:
Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to One 50 on Willow!
We are happy that you enjoyed your dinner and also breakfast the next morning. We have a great group of waitresses and all staff and it pleases me that you found them pleasant and accommodating.
Look forward to your next visit and hope you choose us! Thank you

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Lovely rooms and breakfast.
Great pool and jacuzzi area.
Good Thai style restaurant and bar across the road

Date of visit: August 2018
Judy N, Owner at One 50 On Willow, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Barbara H
Thank you for taking time to review our property following your recent stay. Our whole team is pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope you will think of us again when you are in the Truro area.