“Great seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I had the clams and chips and they were so, so good. I did not like the French fries - they were those extra crispy ones that I don't like anywhere. Service was excellent. Also had a slice of coconut cream pie which was excellent.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

The batter is awesome. What a great piece of fish. Fries were perfect. It is an interesting kitschy decor with a delightful staff. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I'm not exaggerating--this was an amazing meal of fried scallops, shrimp, full belly clams, fish (haddock) and french fries. Each and every item was outstandingly fresh and perfectly cooked--better than the seafood in very upscale restaurants. The service was also stellar, and the manager was extremely attentive and friendly. My wife and I both said quite seriously that we wished we could come back tomorrow. Unfortunately we were only passing through Truro. But if Truro is on your itinerary, don't miss Murphy's!

1  Thank Philwino
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Went with family. Had the fish and clams combo. Comes with coleslaw and carrots and I had fries as the side.

It was, again, very good. The fish piece was big and good. The clams were battered whole clams that were perfect. If I had to nitpick I'd say the fries are nothing special - certainly not fresh cut or anything.

Everyone else I was with enjoyed their meals to.

I'll be back!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stumbled on this place without knowing what a local institution it is, but were quickly educated ("Don Cherry highly recommends"...!) We had one plate of fish and chips as well as the Digby clam platter. I was hoping I could get half clams and half scallops, as an entire plate of fried whole clams can get a little daunting, but they wouldn't do it. The clams were excellent but after a mountain of them, I felt like lying down in a dark room. My dining companion had the 2-piece fish and chips; the fish was excellent and fresh although the batter was quite greasy. Honestly this was not, in fact, the best fish and chips we'd ever had. But it was good, and the service at this place could not have been friendlier.

3  Thank travelmad478