“Great fish, excellent clams!”

Murphy's Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great fish, excellent clams!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Went with family. Had the fish and clams combo. Comes with coleslaw and carrots and I had fries as the side.

It was, again, very good. The fish piece was big and good. The clams were battered whole clams that were perfect. If I had to nitpick I'd say the fries are nothing special - certainly not fresh cut or anything.

Everyone else I was with enjoyed their meals to.

I'll be back!

Delaware, USA
“Good fish but greasy batter, super friendly service”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled on this place without knowing what a local institution it is, but were quickly educated ("Don Cherry highly recommends"...!) We had one plate of fish and chips as well as the Digby clam platter. I was hoping I could get half clams and half scallops, as an entire plate of fried whole clams can get a little daunting, but they wouldn't do it. The clams were excellent but after a mountain of them, I felt like lying down in a dark room. My dining companion had the 2-piece fish and chips; the fish was excellent and fresh although the batter was quite greasy. Honestly this was not, in fact, the best fish and chips we'd ever had. But it was good, and the service at this place could not have been friendlier.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank travelmad478
“Good is always Great!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Murphy's is always a great place to great fresh seafood and fabulous pies. The service is quick and efficient and everyone is super friendly. Would recommended to anyone!

1 Thank Lisa6272
Burlington, Canada
“Nice Little Place”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went there on a Wednesday night. Typical small town restaurant. Small place, packed, but was seated right away. They also offers take out. I ordered the 3 piece fish and chips. Big portions, two piece would been enough for me. Good fish, but a bit greasy. I had to ask for lemon to balance it out. Service is a little slow, had to wait for a while for the lemon

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Tian L
Longueuil, Canada
“WOW!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

From the fresh fish to the sincere welcoming, I loved this place.
Staff made you feel like you're a regular / family. So fantastic.
Keep up the good work!