“Great food, friendly service”

Murphy's Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place was busy for a Wednesday night, but well worth the wait. The four people in our party ordered fish and chips, southern baked haddock with sweet potato fries and pan fried haddock. Each dish was cooked to perfection! The dip with the sweet potato fries was superb! My uncle ordered the caramel cheesecake and said it was divine. Our waitress even brought us over a sampler of the caramel pie to try! Can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Murphy's Fish & Chips

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had seen some bad reviews about service, food, prices, etc. Checked the menu and saw the price was actually very good, so we thought the rest of the bad reviews were skewed as well. We were right! We were seated right away and had a waiter within 5 minutes with our drinks, 2x 2-piece fish and chips too hot to eat within 10 minutes! Batter was crisp and light, not too greasy and the fish was piping hot and flaky inside. We were both pleasantly full when finished. Décor was very rustic as well. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The service was very slow, although the wait staff were doing their best to accomodate everyone it just didn't seem that there were enough staff to cover. We ordered take out and I was very disappointed. The fish was so greasy that I had to keep wiping my mouth as it felt like I had shortening on my lips. Very, very disappointed in the fries as I thought they were fresh cut fries and not McCains frozen fries. I don't know of any restaurant that uses frozen fries anymore. My husband had the clubhouse and it was ok...standard club sandwich but he was disappointed in the fries too. Don't think we'll go back.

1  Thank tommel2011
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Every bit as good as its reputation. With old style charm and ambiance; when Truro was the transportation hub on Nova Scotia. Excellent food and attentive service with a smile.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went here recently and our family was very disappointed with our food. Both the fish and french fries were very greasy. None of us finished because of it. However their coconut cream pie and service were both excellent. Will not go back though.