“Love the burgers and Drinks!”
Review of Kegger's Alehouse - CLOSED

Kegger's Alehouse
Truro, Canada
“Love the burgers and Drinks!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I dare you to try all the martini's on the list pair it with one of the burgers and one of a kind fries in town. I go for the fries alone everything else is a bonus. Love the solo artist nights and then heading up stairs for more drinks.

• Visited May 2013

Truro
“My favorite pub in Truro”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It is true that this pub was very quiet every time that I have been there, with more staff than customers at times, except for the St-Patrick's week-end. That is when I discovered Kegger's. The bar staff was and still is very friendly. I found that the only live entertainment that brings the place alive is Cod Liver Oil, alive enough to dance, but very few people seem interested in dancing. They prefer listening to their music. In spite of that pub being very quiet, I love it because there has been interesting people to meet and I've become friend with some of them.
Regarding the food, I find the new menu limited and pricey. I've only tried the french fries and found the portion to be just a handful for $4, and not particularly better that ordinary.

So the atmosphere is only so so for most people, except when Cod Liver Oil is playing, but, it is the people coming in that creates the atmosphere. With few customers coming in at the same time, it is understandable that it is quiet. But there is a constant flow of customers that seem to come for food and a drink, then leave when their done.

Overall, it is a pub where I can relax and talk to people, dance when the right band is playing and feel at home at any time. That an excellent atmosphere in my book.

• Visited April 2013
Truro, Canada
“There's a reason it was empty!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat on a Friday night...some place where we haven't been for a while. We decided on Keggar's Alehouse in Truro because we had heard there were new owners.
We went and saw only one other table that had people sitting at it...that should have been our first clue. Anyway, we ordered nachos to start and a variety of things for four people.
The nachos were really bad, mostly round nacho chips plus a lot of broken ones (looked like they dumped the bottom of the bag out on the plate), covered with bad cheddar cheese, some olives and what I think were banana peppers? No tomatoes or green peppers? (see photo).
Chicken fingers and skins, with the chicken a little on the soggy side.
Over cooked bacon wrapped scallops.
Over cooked fried pepperoni.
Crispy chicken wrap that had non-crispy chicken and more of the nasty cheese.
But the worst was the chicken quesadilla's with more of the same nasty cheese and they were burnt! Really? (see photo), I mean, who would take those out to someones table?

We won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
nova scotia
“Attended a function there.”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Friendly staff / bar tenders, good selection of cocktails, clean bathrooms. Seemed to be a decent little spot. I'd certainly pop in there for a drink in the future if I was in the Truro area.

Visited May 2012
Truro, Nova Scotia
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Honestly, I only went to this place once. We waited 2 hours for food and when we did get our dinner it was aweful. I'm not even exagerating on the 2 hours. They were short staffed and while we were there, one of the cooks got cut and has to go to the hospital. But the food was still not great. I do not know if this is tyical or not, but I never did go back to find out...

Visited March 2011