“Lodge visit”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #54 of 104 Restaurants in Truro
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ate at this restaurant May 10, and 13th. Very good service and food. Staff friendly and restaurant very clean. Prices reasonable. Would recommend to others. Very busy those days but we were welcomed and attended to.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had the most frustrating experience with ordering Swiss chalet online. Placed an 80$ dollar order for delivery and almost two hours later had received nothing. Then received a call from a 1800 number telling us that there would be no one available to deliver the food and hung up. After checking my bank account I discovered I had still been charged for the meal! I called back the 1800 number back only to have a different employee tell me it should of been their supervisor that dealt with me, and then hung up. I then called the actual truro Swiss chalet location only to have them tell me they could not help me out...... Hours had gone by and still no food and money still gone from my account . I called the 1800 number again and had yet another employee tell me I would be refunded in 7 to 10 business days. So after almost three hours our family still had no meal and Swiss chalet had stolen 80$ from me. I do believe that when payments are rendered for a service and that service is not received in return, it is theft in some form or fashion. There was not one employee that we dealt with the entire time that was helpful or sympathetic. This is not the type of service one would expect to recieve from a multi million multi location company like this and is enternally frustrating to be treated like dirt an organization like this. If this has happened to me I assume it has happened to others if this is the attitude of the employees this company chooses. I it has been days and still no refund has been provided. Instead the next day we recieved an email informing us we would free appetizer if we spent a certain amount of money on their food again. How about you return the money that our family has worked hard for that was stolen from us. Will be interesting to see if the money is ever returned. Online purchasers beware!!!!!!

2  Thank Cody2014
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times and always enjoy the food. Tonight my Mom and I ate here for supper. We both ordered the pot pie with a side salad. The service was excellent but whoever gave them the recipe for the pot pie, doesn't know how to cook. The crust was light and nicely done. The sauce was what ruined the dish along with the green beans and frozen carrots inside. Ugh! I do admit I ate it cause I was starved and it was hot. But I really wanted comfort food and it did not meet my expectations. The salad was fresh but heavy on carrots, two slivers of tomatoe and not much else. I will definitely return but will stick with their wonderful chicken or ribs.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Service was quick and food was hot. There was an error made on my order but the server quickly fixed it and offered me an extra side to make up for it. Invoice was precise and dining area was comfortable. I would definitely go back again!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited the Halifax Swiss Chalet. Have been to others before. Always a favorite for the family. Good food, quick, friendly service and affordable.