Eagle's Landing B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I liked the food, the cleanliness, the owners, the room. I didn't like the old bed and the fact that it was so close to a main road and I had to use ear plugs to sleep. Having said that, if you don't mind the noise, I feel this one is good value.

victoria grl

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed here while passing through Truro and we are so happy we did. Janice and Don were nothing but friendly yet gave us our space. The rooms were extremely clean and welcoming, bathroom was clean and bright and Janice's breakfast was fresh, healthy and delicious! She can bake! Don is a great host and his stories keep you laughing. He has a real air of sincerity and honesty to him. The location is great as Truro is pretty small and this is sort of in the center of the city. I highly recommend this b&b on your travels. I heard that Janice gives you a batch of muffins to take with you when you are leaving, unfortunately we didn't get any and I wished we had :(. Although we did eat a ton of fresh ones at breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We arrived after 8 pm Friday night after a long day travelling.
My family,including two children and grandma, were only able to stay for one night, but we loved this place! My mom loved the antiques and old photos, my youngest daughter had an old fashioned teddy bear in her bed when we arrived. My oldest daughter loved the eagle pictures. The bathroom was amazing, it was huge! My husband (6'4") enjoyed the biggest bed our whole trip.
Jancie and Donnie were very welcoming and gave us great advice on a family resturant that we could walk to. We had a great sleep and wished we could stay longer and get to know the owners.
However the best surprise was in the morning. We needed to leave by 6am and unfortunately had to politely decline the breakfast. To our amazement Jancie was up and had set the table with a 'little' something for us before we left! We had fresh fruit salad, yogurt, amazing designer muffins, toasted bagels, cereal, juice and coffee in togo cups!
We would definately come back again, and would not hesitate to recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We went to Truro to research some family history. We just happened to come across Eagles landing by accident as we were horribly lost, tired and in desperate need of a comfortable bed and sleep as we'd just flown in from London. I think fate must have led us there as our whole stay was a delight. Our room was beautifully decorated and we had a private bathroom across the hall that was huge. Janice asked if there was any foods we disliked and based our menu on that. She is such a fantastic cook, wow you shoud try the fried banana bread.When we left she even had a bag of muffins to take with us!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

We found Eagle's Nest on Canada select, and came here to double check it. We stayed in Truro on our last night in Nova Scotia, and found wonderful hospitality to end our trip.

We arrived late in the evening en route back from Louisbourg to be greeted delightfully by our hostess, who made us feel very welcomed, and even helped us out with directions to find some wine and cheese to wind down our long drive. Our kids (8/10) loved that they got their own room with twin beds, and we had a peaceful night, a delightful breakfast (they are both picky eaters) and friendly conversation before we left to drive back to Boston.

Donny and Janice are warm and friendly hosts who almost felt like family by the time we left.

Laurie and Alex and kids (Boston, MA)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)