Tulips and Thistle Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmaster suiteother guestsb bmade us feelnova scotiagreat hostshomemade yogurtcape bretonsconesnext morninghouse is beautifulvery nice stayfeel right at homehalifax airportgreat conversationliving roomold friends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here while attending a family wedding in Truro. Beautiful property and great location. Excellent food. I felt so much at home that I almost forgot to pay!! We will definitely stay there again if the opportunity ever arises. Don't hesitate to stay, I checked out all the rooms and they are all beautiful. Happy travels!

1  Thank zoey44
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Ann and Larry greeted us warmly upon our arrival, and made us feel very much at home. The room was well-decorated and comfortable -- in fact, all the rooms were quite nice. It was also the PERFECT stopover after flying in to Halifax in the late afternoon.

My partner and I travelled all over Nova Scotia, and although we had some amazing views when we stayed directly on the ocean, we never had better accommodations. These folks are top-notch, and we have high standards when it comes to hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My partner and I were just beginning our holiday which we had planned entirely via the internet from North Carolina. Upon visiting with Ann and Larry we totally rearranged the entire visit, and had we not talked to them, we would have missed incredible fiddle music, great food and more. We'd have spent far too much time in odd places and missed so many opportunities if we had not spent our first night in Nova Scotia with them. So far we have spent 6 nights in other places and their inn has been the very best in accommodations and food! We felt like family and even decided to stop back in with them for a mid-vacation stopover before heading to the Southern Shore. You must stay with these wonderful people and learn what true Nova Scotian hospitality is all about. You won't be sorry. ...........Sherry Kinlaw, Durham, NC

Room Tip: We choose the room with a shared bath and it was incredibly clean and the bath was huge.
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We only stayed for one night, but left feeling we had known Ann and Larry for years, they were lovely hosts. The accommodation was beautiful and the breakfast excellent. We would highly recommend this Bed and Breaksfast and would definitely stay again if passing that way.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with Ann and Larry to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. They were exceptional hosts with a beautiful home and location. It was very peaceful and relaxing - the Master Suite was lovely. Would recommend the Tulips and Thistle Bed & Breakfast to all my friends and family. Loved our stay. Thanks so much for making our trip one that will be remembered for years to come!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple