Tulips and Thistle Bed & Breakfast
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsmaster suiteother guestsb bmade us feelnova scotiagreat hostshomemade yogurtcape bretonsconesnext morninghouse is beautifulvery nice stayfeel right at homehalifax airportgreat conversationliving roomold friends
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with Ann and Larry to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. They were exceptional hosts with a beautiful home and location. It was very peaceful and relaxing - the Master Suite was lovely. Would recommend the Tulips and Thistle Bed & Breakfast to all my friends and family. Loved our stay. Thanks so much for making our trip one that will be remembered for years to come!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed June 15, 2011

My Mom and I travelled through Nova Scotia together and stayed at several B&Bs. This one was our favorite. The room was amazing with jacuzzi tub, private patio, fireplace and TV (this was important to us as the hockey playoffs were on!). The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was imaculately clean and the breakfast was outstanding! Select the "Country Beakfast" option (5 options for breakfast) - you won't be disappointed! Your hosts are wonderful, friendly people. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
    Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I just recently stayed 3 nights at Tulips and Thistle and it was our first B&B stay. Not knowing what to expect we were truly thrilled with our stay with Ann and Larry. The Tulips and Thistle is exceptionally well maintained and very clean. Ann has decorated the house very tastefully and it is most relaxing. Ann and Larry are a very social couple and Val and I enjoyed our stay very much. We would highly recommend this B&B and we know should we ever travel back to Nova Scotia we will be staying at Tulips and Thistle. Breakfasts were great, Ann went out of her way to accommodate celiac friendly meals for my wife. One of the nicest things about this location is that it is extremely quiet and peaceful. Thank You Larry and Ann for making our first B&B a great experience....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
    Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here for one night in August on our way from Fundy National Park to Cape Breton. After a long day in Fundy, we were happy to find this easily; it is right off the 104, but it felt quiet and remote. The hosts directed us to a local restaurant for dinner. We stayed in the Master Suite which was very large, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. We enjoyed a cooked to order breakfast and leisurely conversation with the hosts and other guests. We were sorry we had only planned for one night here; next time we would make it a base for several days.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 22, 2010

My brother and I stayed at Tulip and Thistle for 4 nights in the Fergus suite to attend our cousin's wedding. They kindly set up an additional bed for the room. The hosts were so welcoming and genuinely kind. The home and grounds were beautiful, clean, peaceful and well kept. The decor was lovely, traditional and elegant. I much appreciated the modern shower and windows.

We awoke each morning to the smell of breakfast cooking downstairs. The breakfasts are top notch - homemade bread and yogurt with fresh fruit accompanied our choice of breakfast. The morning conversations were as memorable and enjoyable as the meals. The room prices were exceptionally reasonable for the quality of service guests receive. Also, the central location allows easy access to the highways that easily bring you to any part of Nova Scotia.

They had so many wonderful suggestions regarding things to do in the province I'll need to return again - this time with more family members!
    Thank you for making our trip so special.

• Stayed: September 2010