“Over the top!!!”

Saloni Tapis Grill
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Greek, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: CASH ONLY. Southeast Asia Bangladesh, Bengali cuisine , Creativity , Fusion ,herbs&produce grown indoor all year long,(open 365days a year, including holidays, indoor organic edibles),using organic Nova Scotian farming goods and produce/products from farmers . Food Made From Scratch traditional flavourful, culinary talents .CASH ONLY .
Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a score!! We happened upon this resto after hiking the Vibert Trail in Victoria Park. The food was authentic, flavorful and satisfying. All the ingredients were fresh and cooked to perfection using a perfect mix of spices and presentation. This is Truro's new Best Restaurant 2013!

2  Thank Jenniflavor
There are newer reviews for Saloni Tapis Grill

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Believe the reviews! The food is fabulous, with excellent presentation. There were 4 of us, each ordering a different entre and all were truly delicious. The service is excellent. Great value for money - you would expect to pay much more. Restaurant selection in Truro is very limited, so we were thrilled to find Saloni Tapis Grill. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank HDM2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Joggins. We ordered the soup and pizza off the "specials for the day" menu and they were both amazing. The pizza was crisp and fresh and very flavorful. The soup was brooth based and so yummy! The chef came out and checked on us. Wish we lived close so we could come back! Nice job from two travelers from the states!

2  Thank Travel4u333743466
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went here with my husband to celebrate my birthday because we had heard and read rave reviews about this restaurant. The restaurant itself lacked décor and atmosphere. The paint was splotchy and the only decoration on the wall was some drawings and hand writing that quite frankly looked like someone's child put them there. The waiter was lovely, prompt and polite, available without being intrusive. The food was good but if you go there expecting traditional East Indian Cuisine you are going to be disappointed. I had the butter chicken and it was very good but it was a chef's interpretation of the dish with a more modern creative presentation. I would eat there again but this time I would know what I was getting. I was looking for some hot and spicy traditional food and that was not what was available. Over all it was a pleasant experience and we love to support any business that attempts to bring something new to Truro so we will definitely frequent this spot.

2  Thank PANDK1993
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Many people will testify that it is not often that I am speechless. I found myself like that during my meal at Saloni. I had the butter chicken and he had the beef korma but we ended up sharing because both were SO good. I appreciate presentation and could go on about how beautifully presented the food was but the taste dwarfed everything else. Unbelievable! Highly recommended!!

2  Thank Gabrielle R