“I was satisfiedd with the stay. Had a government discount...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Truro NS

Super 8 Truro NS
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Sydney
“I was satisfiedd with the stay. Had a government discount...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was satisfiedd with the stay. Had a government discount , so the room rate of $109.00 was comparable for the the type/size room. Only problem, i found wrappers under the pool out bed this time, and the last time my son found chicken wings in this same location. I think this may be an area for extra attention. I did not complain, because we all have bad days. and I am in the service industry myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8WindsorNS, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments and pointing out an area where we as a team at Super 8 Truro need to pay more attention to. The Housekeeping team have all be trained on proper procedures for the pull out beds. It is with our guests comments that we can better serve all of our guests.
Thank you again and we hope to serve you again so at Super 8 Truro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay with amazing customer service! The staff here are so kind and helpful! The location is perfect close to two Cultural Centres, restaurants, and Walmart! Everything you need is near by! They have quaint little Suites... The pool with a water slide if fantastic for kids and fun for adults too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for you kind comments, I will pass them on to all of our team. I know they appreciate hearing that they had made a guests stay comfortable and memorable.

Mark H
Woodstock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I checked in to the Super 8 on Treaty Trail in NS in January 2013. They advised me that the pool and hot tub were out of service upon check in (furnace broken and repair guy coming soon). I got the keys to the room and walked in to see that the bed looked like someone had just gotten up from a nap. It had two pancake pillows on each uncomfortable bed (no spares and no spare blankets). The counter tops had not been wiped down. The furniture looked like it had come from a yard sale (very used) and the TV was the old big kind (not a flat screen like the web site says). Paint was chipped on several walls. So I went back to the front desk and asked if they anything more modern or cleaner or newly refurbished like the web site said. They appologized and gave me the keys to another room I walked in and it had the same exact issues as the first room. I had 2 others with me and we were all in a state of disbelief that Super 8 (or any hotel for that matter) would try to rent something with that low of a quality. I cancelled my reservation at Super 8 and did not stay as I switched to the Best Western Plus down the road and had a pleasant stay.

The trip was hospital related and we did not need the additional stress of uncleanliness/germs.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is clean!! Take photos to upload to reviews as a picture is worth a thousand wor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Super8t, General Manager at Super 8 Truro NS, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are very sorry that our property did not meet your needs. Presently, we are looking at putting new 32" flat screen TV's in all of our rooms this year. We had recently changed all of our box springs and mattresses as well as sheets and duvets. We are looking at furniture in the future. Our pool has since been fixed and we put a new boiler for our pool so as not to have problems in the future.
Again we apologize.
Mark H

Travelers are raving about these Truro hotels

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at this motel on and off over the past year, mostly one or two nights at a time. It was conveniently located for my work. The staff are very friendly and accommodating especially Georgina. I enjoyed the continental breakfast as it has a lot of variety although the boiled eggs were sometimes not too warm but you could always heat them up in the microwave.

The rooms are a good size but they are in need of some maintenance especially the lights over the beds which some work and some do not. The computer in the front lobby is a bonus but the key board is kind of grungy. Lots of parking and within walking distance to a nice restaurant, Saltscapes, and Tim Hortons. Motel is located just off the highway but not too noisy considering it is so close to the highway.

Room Tip: A little quieter on opposite side from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

In spite of being near Route 102, we had a very quiet pleasant week stay. It was easy to travel to all locations in Hilden and Truro, not the least of which was a Wallmart, just a hop, skip, and jump away.The FREE breakfast was more than substancial. Our 6 year old granddaughter was delighted by the slide and pool with a comfortable water temperature. The staff is very helpful. I wil stay there on my next trip.

Room Tip: Request in advance a quiet room on the back.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed two nights in this hotel on a business trip. It was conveniently located to my work location; with nearby Tim Hortons and convenience store. There was also a nearby cinema complex. At the time of my stay, there were mostly families checked in, all kids running around and playing at the pool area. I didnt like the pool; i didnt like the strong chlorine smell at the lobby. The room was clean; bed comfortable. They can improve on the furnishings: not a lot of working area for business travellers; wifi inside the room is week and playing up all the time; and the shower tub is slippery so be careful (no anti slip mat provided).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oromocto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I picked this hotel based on the reviews and the fact that it had a waterside. I was visiting my son, who I thought, would like the slide. It turned out that he never used it. The staff is friendly. During the night I went down to the front counter because my son left his toothpaste and tooth brush behind. The man behind the counter provided them which was very nice. My room and hotel in general areas are very clean. The staff are outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family