“bad cold food”
Review of Saltscapes - CLOSED

Saltscapes
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened in June; had lunch there today; wonderful new restaurant; great food, service, atmosphere combined with reasonable price
Reviewed October 9, 2012

the worst food I have ever eaten in a restraunt, lousie cold food cooked in advance of me ordering it . gray chicken hard meatballs and pasta that was more like a ball of mush.I thought the clubhouse would be a safe bet but boy was I wrong. this was my third and final visit. We were also charged for food that never showed up ,we realized later.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

food was tasty and well presented. Not so comfortable with such an "open" diningroom. A bit pricey, but don't get out much!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our family of four ate here on a Saturday evening around 6:30 pm. We were seen to promptly as it wasn't that busy. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about items on the menu, which by the way was a little uninspiring. Drinks came and order taken very quickly. Bread was brought to the table, but I was surprised to find it was not homemade, just store bought variety. I ordered the glazed ham special, with brussel sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes. The ham came with a pineapple glaze which was more chunky than saucy, but tasted fine, the brussel sprouts that came with it were frozen and the garlic mashed potatoes were o.k.(food temp on the lukewarm side). Husband liked his meatloaf and gravy, but his potato and coleslaw didn't impress him. Daughter had the club sandwhich and fries and said that the ones we make at home are better. Son had the fettucini alfredo with chicken. This guy is an alfredo afficinado and I could tell from his first taste that he did not like it at all. It had absolutely no taste and hardly any sauce. He had to add salt just to try to eat some of it, finally giving up after a few attempts. Our server did not take any notice of the amount of uneaten food left in his bowl and we did not want to say anything, so we just paid our bill and left without looking at giftshop items. Total bill (which was not cheap) was $85.00. We are not in any hurry to visit here again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have visited thisrestaurant on numerous occasions and always for dinner. The waiting staff have always been very friendly and accommodating. The food has been very good sometimes and only average at other times, seems to be hit or miss. I enjoyed the meat loaf, baked beans and the maple glazed carrots. The prices are a little high for what you get on your plate. I really enjoyed the decor of the reastaurant with the old pictures and artifacts. The gift shop is nice to look at but rather pricy. Saltscapes is conveniently located just off the 102 highway and near the Super 8 motel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten a delicious breakfast here before and this time we had a late supper. We had not made reservations but there weren't many patrons as it was 8:30 p.m. and it closes at 10.
I ordered the meatloaf with 2 sides (garlic mashed potatoes and coleslaw). The quantity of food was amazing. It tasted pretty good- but I am partial to my own meatloaf! My husband had the fish fry and enjoyed it also. We shared an awesome hot apple/rhubarb crisp which we devoured quickly. Our waiter David was great and very attentive.
The menu choices are plentiful!
The decor is fun to look at while you wait for the food.
I will return again.