“This place stinks, literally!”
Review of Split Crow Pub - CLOSED

Split Crow Pub
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I decided to try this pub out one Friday for lunch. My first impression was that it smelled of deep fryer grease. The odor was so strong that the greasy smell stayed with us all day long. It was in our clothes and hair! it was also very dark and dreary as it is downstairs at street level. I also didn't like looking at bags of garbage and beer boxes of empties sitting on stairs at the back of the pub, within plain view of everyone sitting near there.
The food and service however, was very good! I ordered a simple garden salad but it was the best salad that I have had in a while! The ingredients were very fresh, and the balsamic dressing was tasty. My husband had the fish chowder and he said it was good too. Our waitress was nice and the service was quick, but because of the strong odor of grease I probably won't hurry back.