Comfort Inn - Truro
$54
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $64/night.

$58
Travelocity
$85
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$83
Balmoral Motel(Tatamagouche)(Great Value!)
$69
$115
All reviewsbreakfast roombreakfast staffpizza delightovernight stayrestaurants within walking distanceoff the highwaytim hortonsnice place to staylong weekendreception areareasonable rateswe've stayednext morningfree wifibed was comfortablehalifax airportice machine
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located for our travels around Nova Scotia. I would not stay there again. I had to look at six different rooms before I was shown two rooms that were not permeated with cigarette smoke. The halls were worn and dirty. The hotel has been used and abused. Staff was as accommodating as could be but the hotel is just simply worn.

Room Tip: Inspect your rooms before you select.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Wil M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its' team for your stay. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations.
From your comments, the level of cleaning was clearly not acceptable and we are most embarrassed by our performance. We never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel comments such as yours allows us to access where we have opportunities to make improvements.
Although you have mentioned that you would not return to Comfort Inn Truro, we do hope you reconsider and allow us the opportunity to show you our normally high standards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although I did not pay for the room I used my choicereward points I thought the room was clean and comfortable. It looked like it had been recently renovated with a microwave and fridge. The AC was a bit noisy but really appreciated it. Hallways were a bit dirty and stained carpets. Overall it was a pleasant stay and very quiet for a hotel that looked like it was full. I have alergies and I did not smell any smoke in my room. I stayed in room 117. We did not have the continental breakfast. Hotel is handy to 102 highway and all stores.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 117
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We were pleased that you found our property comfortable, clean and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for noting the excellence of our housekeeping. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, as we do with all aspects of our business.
We enjoyed having you stay with us, and are happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to everything in Truro.
In closing again we do thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The beds were hard, the shower drains were clogged, the breakfast looked disgusting, and the coffee in the rooms was terrible. Not to mention we booked a non-smoking room which was located on a floor with smoking rooms.. which defeats the purpose of non-smoking rooms. Our room smelled as though someone just put out a cigarette. I paid $150 dollars for that stay. I could pay that in Halifax and have a four star experience at the Atlantica.

I will never stay at a Comfort Inn ever again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Wil M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We pride ourselves in exceeding guest expectations. In this case, it is obvious we did not attain this goal on providing a pleasant atmosphere and exceptional service and we are disappointed that we fell short for your stay. Your comments are truly appreciated and have been duly passed on to each department concerned. Comfort Inn Truro strives to have the most cost effective room rate available at all times, and automatically adapts rates to current market demand. This dynamic pricing strategy uses the “Best Available Rate”. As the hotel was busy, the rate may have been higher at that time. Although, our goal is for each guest to have a wonderful stay we are always thankful for the opportunity to understand how we may improve. If you would like to discuss your experience please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms where well stock , beds fine and TV ok. Shower was great But we booked a smoking room so we didn't have to drag stuff upstairs( there's no elevator ). My husband and I both have bad backs.. And the rooms stint really bad, and I'm a smoker( I smoke outside ) . I think there has to be a way to get some of the smoke smell from the rooms. Other then that the day was fine

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your experience. While it seems your overall stay went well, it is always a disappointment to hear of a guest who was not satisfied with their room. Currently only 16% of the guestrooms are smoking rooms, which are actually very popular. Because of their popularity they are subject to above normal wear and tear than our regular rooms. We apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After coming from a bad motel, walking into this place felt real good. Rooms are immaculate. A complaint would be that not every room has a fridge in it. Still don't understand why all rooms aren't kept to the same standard inventory, for what it would actually cost to do this. Very close to a lot of stores and very close to the highway, which is convenient. Flat screen tv's, coffee makers, mattress on the firm side. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Wil M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

I wanted to write to say thank you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Truro.
All reviews are taken into consideration by management in order to identify areas in need of improvement and we are currently in the process of ordering more fridges and microwaves as they are in high demand.
Thank you again for you comment. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.