“Clean property; Good value”

Comfort Inn - Truro
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On a recent motorcycle trip from Maine to Nova Scotia's Cabot Trail, we didn't have a plan for the last night of the return trip. We came across the Comfort Inn - Truro conveniently just off the highway at the end of a long day.

The staff was friendly and very helpful making for a speedy check-in which included an excellent recommendation for dinner. I was particularly impressed with being offered a decent rate without asking and not being stuck with the typical last minute, no reservation max rate I've encountered at many hotels.

We found the room to be clean with comfortable beds. Our only issue was our a/c unit. We discovered it was dripping on the carpet after finding that a pair of jeans we set on the floor were wet. Luckily we found this problem before going to bed and they dried out overnight after being put over the a/c unit. This was a mild annoyance but certainly not a major issue. In the morning I mentioned this issue to the front desk. The staff member was sincerely apologetic, thought that it might have frozen up, but assured me it would be addressed by maintenance.

The breakfast area was small and clean. Breakfast was the standard stuff... cereals, simple pastries, juices and coffee, and some fruit. Certainly nothing fancy but definitely enough to get you going in the morning.

I'd definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: As of July 2012 they have a "motorcyclist's rate" if you ride in. They also allow bike...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Wil M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I am delighted to see that our staff and services lived up to your expectations. Our staff is always able to offer the best available rate at time of check in to our guests. It is a pleasure to welcome guests travelling throughout our region and our staff is very knowledgeable with what the area has to offer. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance staff with regards to the A/C unit. I am very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay with our location and most importantly, our service.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to our entire staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This Comfort Inn is on a business strip of restaurants, shops, fast food places, and abuts a new car dealership. So, the setting is not so attractive.Still, it has clean rooms and comfortable beds. There's a small breakfast buffet. My wife and I were fine with accepting this place for what it is: an unpretentious place to sleep. But we couldn't. On the right and left sides of our first floor room, people partied until 4:20 am, when a woman who must have been a guest in a nearby room confronted the partyers and they quieted. Apparently, the manager on duty had done nothing. When we checked out in the morning, I informed the woman in charge, who apologized and offered a 10% reduction in my room charge. it was a nice gesture but really didn't make up for two of us losing a night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wil M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future.
The Comfort Inn Truro is conveniently located with easy access on and off HWY 2. We are located near a variety of amenities for our guests who look for a selected service motel. Within walking distance from the motel there is a great selection of restaurants which offer family atmosphere as well as the more popular fast food restaurants. We do offer a continental breakfast to our guests, which at this time; we are looking at revamping in order to offer a more appealing selection.

Feedback such as yours is very helpful when we are considering what improvements can be made to enhance the experience of our guests. I will certainly be sharing this with the motel team as we move forward.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at a few Comfort Inns on our trip; partly because they were easy to book, get to, work with and overall, not disappointing. This location did not have any issue with the smell of smoke in the halls from rooms where smoking was permitted (maybe there weren't any smoking rooms), unlike some other Comfort Inns we stayed at. The room was clean and comfortable, the TV and wireless internet worked well, the continental breakfast was varied and well-stocked, the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. We do offer non-smoking and smoking rooms, the housekeeping staff take great care in doing what they can to minimize the smell of smoke in the corridors of the motel.
It is very refreshing to read that the core components of your stay were satisfactory. The team at Comfort Inn Truro takes great pride in providing a spotless clean and well maintained accommodation. We have tried to include all of the things that we like to have in our rooms when we travel. The little things make your stay more comfortable and homey.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a few times now, and are never disappointed. We usually stay here during our annual motorcycle trip to N.S. The bike is usually loaded in many small bags with our luggage, and the motorcycle gear can be cumbersome to carry into hotels/motels, so we are usually looking for ground floor motels for convenience.

Haven't had a problem getting a ground floor room here yet, and the beds are REALLY comfortable for sleeping. Very clean, bathroom was fine, nice to have the option of pay per view tv, and the price compared to other nearby motels is usually a little cheaper. Also right off the highway with a few restaurants nearby (fast food), and complimentary breakfast.

Would definitely recommend Comfort Inn Truro for 'just staying overnight while traveling' type of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I am so pleased that you continue to stay with us as a stopover during your annual motorcycle trips. We do try our best to provide each guest with the room type of their preference and I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our easy accessible ground floor rooms.
I appreciate your trust in us. We will do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you expect and deserve. Thanks again, for your business. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Truro is right off the freeway and about a 20 minute walk from downtown. We stayed here for one night earlier this month since it was convenient to access and priced right. It is like all Comfort Inns - clean rooms, modern facilities and well kept. This hotel offered complimentary breakfast which is like all other Comfort Inn breakfasts we have enjoyed. We would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay in Truro due to its access to downtown, access to the freeway and predictability of the Comfort Inn chain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I am pleased to hear that you had chosen Comfort Inn for your recent stay in Truro. Our convenient location and competitive price, really does make it a great choice. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; it is a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We had been staying at a high-end hotel in Halifax for several days which, ironically, made my overnight stay at this Comfort Inn that much sweeter. The expensive hotel in Halifax had the same thermostats on their walls as the Comfort Inn but the thermostats at the expensive hotel were mere props to lend the illusion that your room was cooler. No windows, no air, a night's worth of breathing in your own stale breath - it was close to torture. Night after long, sleepless night I tossed and turned, casting off even the sheet, panting like a dog.

When we arrived at this Comfort Inn, I espied the same dreaded thermostat hanging there on the wall and feared yet another sweltering night. What a pleasure to find that this Comfort Inn's thermostats were true thermostats, not mere props! The room was clean, the sheets were white, the pillows were fluffy, the room was made blissfully cool for a good night's sleep, and there was even a small window! I slept like a happy baby UNDER the covers, not on them. I was soooo grateful for my first good night's sleep in quite a while.

The staff was helpful and friendly, too. The continental breakfast was more than adequate and tasty - except they were out of orange juice at 6:45 a.m., so I don't suppose they had any in the first place :-(

All-in-all it was a peaceful, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Wil M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Truro and for writing your valuable feedback. We are thrilled that our associates and facility were able to exceed your expectations. I was sorry to learn that the breakfast service was not to our usually high standard, I appolgize for that. Orange juice is always available and should have been set out for you. Thank you for your candid review of the Comfort Inn Truro, we hope to have you back on your next trip to Truro..

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Spent a pleasant overnight here with family. All of the staff we met were very friendly and very helpful. Check in was swift and efficient. I will return here if I have to overnight in Truro again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Wil M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

I would like to express my gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. It is always great to hear that the staff is pleasant, efficient and meeting the expectation of our guests. We look forward to your return visit next time you overnight in Truro.

Wil MacLean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
#3 of 8 in Truro
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#7 of 8 in Truro

Been to Comfort Inn - Truro? Share your experiences!