“Restful Stay”

BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Truro
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying here with work on over a dozen occassions. I find the level of service to be second to none! The staff are very accomodating & helpfull. They go out of their way to ensure your stay is nothing short of perfect. I continue to stay here whenever I'm in the Truro area & I have also used their Conference rooms for work functions. Whether its a small or large function, the staff at Best Western Glengarry have it down to a science...I even had them create a special dessert last minute which was done to perfection. I can't say enough about the location & the service level provided. As well, special thanks to Carl Cox whom has assisted me on several occasions and is simply amazing at what he does! I'm looking forward to my next viusit for sure!

Room Tip: The suites are amazing, bottom floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Ed J.:
Thank you very much for your great review of our property. Our whole team is very pleased to hear you recieve great service and quality accommodations each and every time you stay with us. Carl and his Sales Team are very good at what they do and thank you for mentioning them by name. It's wonderful to be appreciated but equally important that we have exceeded your expectations of what we strive to do for all our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Recently enjoyed a 2 night stay as a result of a business meeting and need to commend the conference service staff for their supreme service levels. The names Darlene and Lucy stand out to me though you could tell very easily that the whole crew loved their jobs and showed it which, to me, reflects the management of the whole facitity My check in by the phone was the quickest, simplest and most pleasant experience ever checking in. IF I was responsible for booking meetings/conventions in this area..there would ne no other choice. Thank you and congrats on a job well done

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Mike B: Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property on your recent stay. We do have a great staff and they really appreciate hearing from the customer that their stay exceeded their expectations.
We do realize that service is most important and we all appreciate hearing that your experience was a great one. Remember us the next time you are in the Truro area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed two nights, May 22,23, 2013. Good parking, very helpful at front desk, The room was very clean and done up nice. I had meals at the Hotel both days, vey well priced and very good meals. I can only say #1.

1 Thank air2011
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear air2011:
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complimenting us on all our amenities and glad you enjoyed our food and service in our dining room. Our staff is always happy to hear that we have satisfied our guests as we should. Thank you again.
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of my dad. Just want to start by saying I wish it was me that stayed at this hotel! My dad has the best things to say about the staff and how his stay is when he's there ! They are kind ,clean and make my dad feel like he is home :) he is at this hotel 2 ce a week on business and tells me that the girls make sure he has everything he needs coffee, towels ect .. I would like to finish by saying that the management at this hotel have really made it top priority to take very good care of there guest and I promised it will be an awesome stay for you as we'll :)

1 Thank Chris S
Judy N, Owner at BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Chris S.
Thank you for writing a review on behalf of your Dad. We are glad he is happy with our staff, service and that he has all he needs when he's our guest. He is here so many nights most of our staff know him so it's kind of "his home away from home"! We appreciate your remarks on his behalf and we always look forward to his stays. Thank you again. Judy
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at Best Western Glengarry along with others on May 16th and I wanted to thank you for the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. I was in 307. It was a bed fit for a king! My highest praise for whoever makes up the beds as it was sheer luxury to slid into it last night and I most certainly didn't want to leave this morning. Everything was absolutely luxurious.

As well, thanks to the person at the front counter and the person who checked my room for my shaving kit after I had left the room and I apologize for having already packed the kit and the person who had to go up to check had to do so even though I had not left it there.

Also, enjoyed the lady who played in the bar and the seven of us enjoyed it greatly and then I met a few guys in the pool and the bartender, a sweet young lady, brought me my order of a glass of red wine in to where I was sitting in the pool area.

Lastly, the complimentary breakfast, and the serving staff, were totally awesome this morning. Everything was beautifully cooked and displayed on beautiful dishes and the breakfast area is once again fit for a king.

My stay with Best Western Glengarry was extraordinary. Thank you for making your hard work my pleasure and relaxation !!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the quieting view from my Room 307 which was the pool and the cottages.
Dear David D.
Our whole team here at our property thank you so much for your glowing remarks about our facility, our staff and our service. We always hope that our effort is exceeding our guests expectations but it's really nice to hear from the guest.
We hope you will return to stay with us again when you are in the Truro area!
Regards, Judy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
Holiday Inn Truro
Super 8 Truro NS
Super 8 Truro NS
#4 of 8 in Truro
Stonehouse Motel & Restaurant

Been to BEST WESTERN Glengarry Hotel? Share your experiences!