“Slow! Slow! Slow!”

Bistro on Prince
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bistro on Prince, conveniently located off the lobby of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, Truro, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Come in, relax and dine with style from one of our full service menus - where kids twelve and under (who are guests at the hotel) eat free - or enjoy a beverage with friends in our quiet and intimate lounge. At the Bistro on Prince, you'll find options to please every palate.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the hotel and it was already 6:30 pm so decided to eat here. We were seated at 6:40, it was a Tuesday evening and not overly busy. We waited for at least 1/2nour to get bread, then another 1/2 hour to get soup. Finally got our entres at 8:30. The food was reasonably tasty but not very hot. My seafood in the pasta dish was tough and my husbands beef tenderloin was good but also cool. He had ordered a baked potato but got mashed. The waitress immediately brought him a baked potato but it was so cool the butter wouldn't melt. Not sure what the problem was. Certainly the 2 waitresses were running around but not very organized. Maybe the chef/cook was having a problem. We will not go there for breakfast.

1  Thank Liz C
There are newer reviews for Bistro on Prince

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went to bistro for a few drinks with my co-worker. The drinks were made fanatic, and the service was awesome.I was seated by Jennifer who was very timely, polite, and knowledgeable. After that Stephen took over. He was funny, knowledgeable of the food, the drinks and the area. he made us feel like his top priority. Our only issue was the lack of vegetarian options(salads don't count). Stephen assured us he would speak to the kitchen. All in all we had a blast. Will recommend.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Bistro on Prince was a Bust
It was a nice night so my wife and I decided to find a spot on a deck somewhere to have dinner with another couple. We decided on the Bistro on Prince, which is at the Holiday Inn in Truro, where they have a nice outdoor setting and where we have eaten before and have had nice meals. In fact, I had bragged the place up to my co-workers earlier that day about the food there; I guess I’ll have to go back to them with a new report.
To start with, we were not in any rush but had to wait a little too long for service, considering there were only two other tables occupied when we got there. Drinks to start, I had a Caesar, which was pretty standard, but garnished with only a spicy bean and no straw. The girls ordered a bottle of Pinot and the other guy with us had a Margarita. Later, I had a beer and Margarita guy ordered a Malibu Rum with Pineapple juice, which came in the smallest glass ever?
For apps, my wife and I split the Scallops, which were just ok, the other couple split an order of Mussels, and seemed satisfied with them.
For mains, the guys had the striploin, while my wife had pizza and the other girl had a Caesar salad. I guess the biggest complaint was on the temperature of the food. My wife’s pizza and the steaks were lukewarm, as was my baked potato, while the asparagus and carrots were cold. I ordered my steak rare, while the other guy asked for medium, but both steaks looked the same, which I would call somewhere between medium and medium rare. My steak was pretty bland and with no salt and pepper in sight, that was how I ate it.
Our server’s name was Stephen, and I’m pretty sure this may have been his first night? He really should have been given more training, so let me give him a few tips (since he didn’t get much of one last night).
1. First, when you bring the drinks, a napkin is always nice to have.
2. If a bottle of wine is ordered, when you bring it to the table, open it and at least pour the first glass.
3. If someone orders a bottle of beer, bring the bottle and a glass, not just the beer in the glass.
4. When you bring those drinks, bring them on a tray. I don’t want to see you carry a drink out in each hand, spilling it as you walk.
5. Same for the coffee, on a tray.
6. Steak should be served with a steak knife.
Anyway, since we have had good meals at the Bistro before, we will give them another chance.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly, smiling staff and great food at a reasonable price. The food is all freshly prepared in house, no frozen food here!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ate in the dining room with my 3 children Friday evening. Food was tasty,arriving timely and the kids loved the staff who paid extra attention to them. Not what I was expecting from a fine dining place. Very pleased would return.

1  Thank marks_famil