All reviews room was clean buffet breakfast on site restaurant front desk staff next morning shower head conference room great room fridge and microwave hot tub king bed nova scotia flat screen tv convenient location eggs benedict one night stay coffee maker
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The hotel is in excellent shape. Spotless big room. Comfortable. Good Internet. Everything you need. Friendly front desk staff allowed early check-in.

I paid $20 dollars online during booking which I though covered breakfast for the three of us. It turned out it was a $20 credit which did not cover breakfast for 2. Breakfast OK but I could have done better for $27 for two.

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Tidal Bore viewing area which is the big draw in Truro. Good safe hotel with safe parking. Good free wireless Internet.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I recently found myself driving across Nova Scotia, and in need of a hotel room in the Truro area. I was not overly familiar with the area, and I am sometimes wary of Holiday Inn hotels in the middle of nowhere, as they can sometimes be old and outdated. This was not the case with the recently renovated Holiday Inn in Truro, Nova Scotia. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.
At first, the check-in staff was helpful and efficient, and even recommended some restaurants in the area. There is not much within walking distance, so my colleague and I ate at the hotel restaurant (more on that later).
The room itself, while a little on the smaller side, was very modern, clean, and comfortable. The room featured the new Holiday Inn branding including new linens and decor, and everything was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable, and there as a nice selection of pillows. The work desk was very good, and the Hi-Speed internet (which is always a gripe for me as a frequent business traveler) was very fast and worked great. There was a big LCD TV and plenty of Canadian and American TV channels. The bathroom, while small, had a great shower and a good selection of Bath & BodyWorks products. They smelled really good!!!
For dinner, we chose the hotel restaurant, which can be scary at some Holiday Inn hotels, but this one was really good. The food was great, the service was excellent, and they had a nice selection of local Nova Scotia wines. I would easily eat there again!!
We did not do breakfast in the morning, although the hotel offered it, but check-out was quick. Their computer in the lobby was down, but the woman behind the counter allowed me to use her workstation to print a boarding pass, which was very nice.

I would easily stay here again if in the Truro area!!!

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I had a one day meeting in Truro last month before making my way to more appointments in New Brunswick. When I arrived at the Holiday Inn in Truro the front desk made me feel very welcome. The girl working even asked me what kind of room I would prefer as they had a couple of different rooms available. I had never been asked this before without a hotel trying to get more money out of me! Of course, I picked the room with the king bed. The room was NEW with a very comfortable king size bed and huge flat screen television. The fitness centre is the largest and brightest I have ever used in hotel. Also, their pool looked bright and clean although I did not use it. Lastly, my breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was delicious and the waitress even surprised me with a coffee in a take out when a paid my bill. I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn the next time I am in Truro.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I was concerned that the hotel would seem older when I saw its' location. It's in a very residential area. I don't know how old it is, but the interior seems brand new. The room was very comfortable with the highest quality linens and towels that I have seen in this type of hotel. Breakfast is not included, so it's not as good of a value as others hotels we stayed on this trip, but I didn't see anything in Truro that looked as nice.
The only issue we had was that the maintenance staff had a scheduled fire alarm test the Sunday morning we were checking out. Management had put a letter under the door overnight informing us about it, which I appreciated. The letter said the test would begin at 11am (checkout time) and that seemed reasonable. Unfortunately, someone in maintenace was a little over eager and decided to begin the test at about 10:30. We were trying to hurry and get out because the piercing alarm was going off for about a minute at a time at two or three minute intervals. It was extremely annoying. My husband called the front desk and they seemed to be as frustrated as we were and said they had begged maintenance to stop to no avail. The testing did end about 5 minutes before we left. Don't know if they were finished or if the front desk appeals were finally heeded. It was a great stay other than that, but there was absolutely no reason to inconvenience guests that way. The hotel probably would've been nearly empty if they had waited an hour or so.

Date of stay: October 2009
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Great room, wonderful pool and workout facilities. A bit off the highways, but worth a stop.

Date of stay: August 2009