I recently found myself driving across Nova Scotia, and in need of a hotel room in the Truro area. I was not overly familiar with the area, and I am sometimes wary of Holiday Inn hotels in the middle of nowhere, as they can sometimes be old and outdated. This was not the case with the recently renovated Holiday Inn in Truro, Nova Scotia. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.
At first, the check-in staff was helpful and efficient, and even recommended some restaurants in the area. There is not much within walking distance, so my colleague and I ate at the hotel restaurant (more on that later).
The room itself, while a little on the smaller side, was very modern, clean, and comfortable. The room featured the new Holiday Inn branding including new linens and decor, and everything was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable, and there as a nice selection of pillows. The work desk was very good, and the Hi-Speed internet (which is always a gripe for me as a frequent business traveler) was very fast and worked great. There was a big LCD TV and plenty of Canadian and American TV channels. The bathroom, while small, had a great shower and a good selection of Bath & BodyWorks products. They smelled really good!!!
For dinner, we chose the hotel restaurant, which can be scary at some Holiday Inn hotels, but this one was really good. The food was great, the service was excellent, and they had a nice selection of local Nova Scotia wines. I would easily eat there again!!
We did not do breakfast in the morning, although the hotel offered it, but check-out was quick. Their computer in the lobby was down, but the woman behind the counter allowed me to use her workstation to print a boarding pass, which was very nice.
I would easily stay here again if in the Truro area!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Truro, Nova Scotia Hotel Guests of our Truro, Nova Scotia accommodations will discover the many new amenities as well as our convenient location when they stay at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Truro Hotel and Conference Centre. Corporate guests find our hotel in Truro, NS is very convenient to area corporations such as Crossley Carpet Mills, Kerr Controls, Wilson Fuels and Kohler Windows. Our Truro Conference Centre hotel has been designed with the business person in mind. We offer free high-speed Internet access, a 24-hour business centre and more than 11,000 square feet of event space for all your meeting needs in Truro, Nova Scotia. Lodging at our Truro, NS hotel is ideal for the leisure traveler. We are just two km from the Tidal Bore and the Bay of Fundy. Victoria Park with its gorgeous waterfalls and other Truro attractions such as the Truro Farmers Market and the Marigold Cultural Center are nearby. And with easy access to Highways 2, 4 and the 102, the attractions of central Nova Scotia are easy to visit. Our beautiful hotel in Truro, NS is a state-of-the-art oasis for the business and leisure traveler. Among our outstanding amenities are a new indoor, heated saltwater pool and whirlpool, a games room, and a fitness centre. Our welcoming staff will do everything possible to make your Truro, NS hotel experience the best it can be. Reserve your room today for great Truro hotel rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Truro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Truro Hotel Truro
- Holiday Inn Truro Nova Scotia