“Large rooms, free Internet, free parking and clean... Great for its class of hotel”
Review of Holiday Inn Truro

Holiday Inn Truro
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn is not a luxury hotel, and reading some of the other more negative reviews I think they gave this one a bad shake. I have travelled the world, and have just come off of 5 nights in hotels around the maritimes (from motel to 5 star places). To me, the Truro Holiday Inn was the best value for money in that trip, and would certainly be well above average in its class (3 star) based on my general experience.

Rooms were large, clean, and well kept. Parking was free, which many hotels now charge for (one of my pet peeves), as was the Internet. The staff were friendly overall, and the young lady at breakfast was phenomenal and accommodating. The front desk even arrange for me to temporarily borrow an iPhone charger from lost and found for a few minutes so I could access my travel docs from my dead phone... That's service!

The location is close to downtown, with a good pub or two just 500 yards away. I'd recommend the Italian Gino's for dinner about 1 km (1/2 mile) away if you want healthier fare.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Susan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time and energy to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you found the best value for your money at our hotel! I am very happy that you enjoyed your guestroom and you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Like you, I stay in many hotels, clean rooms and amenities are very important, however, it is the people that really make the difference. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, it means so much to us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Granville Ferry, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The room was very clean, quiet, and had all the comforts of home. If you are staying awhile, all the extra storage is a nice bonus. The decor was welcoming, current and completely relaxing. If you haven't slept on one of their Holiday Inn Express pillows... you're in for a treat. My only complaint is they don't sell them at the hotels.

Staff was informative and helpful.

Location isn't the best, as we had some difficulty finding it, but the locals were helpful with directions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the décor welcoming and relaxing! I love it that you mentioned our pillows! Each one of our beds host a ‘soft’ and a ‘firm’ pillow. So there is something for everyone! Our business really relies on guest feedback. It is the best indicator to gage customer satisfaction. So again, thank you so much for your comments and please be sure to visit us again.
Alberta
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The check in process was interesting dealing with a person that did not speak very good English. After getting that done we get to our room only to gap find out they gave us keys to some one else's room! I'm very great full there was just stuff in the room and no people. They did fix the issue and upgraded us to suite for the problem. The suite is dated and in need of some new furniture. The carpet had also seen better days. Other then that the room was clean. Didn't really think when booking but I was expecting breakfast like the other holiday inns but I was wrong there is no complimentary breakfast here. There is a restaurant but we did eat there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingC0uple
Susan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you were greeted by one of our international students. We partner with a provincial university to offer ‘on the job’ work experiences to their students and sometimes English is not their first language. I can appreciate how frustrating communicating in that situation maybe. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with checking into an occupied room. I am delighted to hear that the issue was quickly remedied and you were upgraded you to a suite. Many of our guests comment on the fact that we do not offer complimentary breakfast like our Express hotels. Our hotel, is a full-service Holiday Inn with a restaurant that offers a full complement of breakfast favorites. Again, thank you for your feedback and your business. We really appreciate you staying with us!
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel screams average. They need to include breakfast with your room. Also, the pool is not clean. They have people going from the gym to the pool, it's disgusting. They need a sign saying, "please shower before entering pool". Sweaty people kept going in making us want to leave. Also, the hot tub was dirty. The staff were friendly though.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank YYZworld
Susan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to gym guests using the pool and the cleanliness of the pool/hot tub. Our pool is on a regular maintenance program and the water is tested daily. Thanks to your feedback, we will evaluate our current standards and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I am happy to hear that you found our staff friendly! They are the heartbeat of our hotel and I applaud their efforts. Once again, thank you for the candid feedback, we welcome any opportunity for improvement.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our stop at the Holiday Inn was perfect. The hotel is in very good condition, and our room was excellent. We also thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast. The location was perfect for the main street in Truro. We highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Phyllis M
Thank you so much for your review our property! I am very happy to hear that you stay was ‘perfect’ and that you enjoyed the location! It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We really appreciate your recommendation. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose our hotel. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we really appreciate it!
St. Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I had a great time-- we were traveling through on a road trip, so Truro was not our destination. The room was clean and spacious, beds were comfortable, the Sunday brunch buffet was world class (and I know buffets!), and the breakfast was free and really quite good. In all, this was a very positive visit. The staff was great and really looked after us, were very interested in making sure we felt welcome. It's not like I'm a pushover-- I just blasted another place that was on this trip-- but I really did enjoy this stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making our hotel a stop on your road trip! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and your food experience! I loved that you felt our staff really looked after you...that's what we are here for! I hope you and your wife enjoyed the rest of your road trip and we welcome you back on your next visit to Nova Scotia. Again, thanks so much for your review...we really appreciate it!
Middleton, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had a short, one night stay on business and was fortunate to be upgraded to a room with a King Size bed. What a difference from my previous stay at this inn. Room on 3rd floor was much quieter and MUCH nicer equipped. I like having the sink actually in the bathroom and not out in the entry. A vast improvement. The bed was comfortable and the stay was fine. Quick and easy. The cost of $ 9 for a continental breakfast is absurd, however, and I can't understand why anyone would opt for this. This is the only drawback to staying here, I must go elsewhere for my breakfast.

Room Tip: I like the room off the main level much better, and close to the stairs as I dislike elevators.