Holiday Inn Truro
$113
$102
$75
Travelocity
Willow Bend Motel(Truro)(Great Value!)
$78
Balmoral Motel(Tatamagouche)
$71
$97
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roomroom was cleanping pong tablebuffet breakfastfront desk staffnext morningconference roomgreat roomnice stayking bedhot tubfridge and microwavenova scotiaconvenient locationdowntown truroeggs benedictone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

i remember going here as a kid with my parents, wow, it has really changed! they put a lot of work into it..it is an old hotel but you would not really know it other than some curvy hallways etc. The room was nice, clean, everything updated, comfy beds, different pillow choices (firm & soft), fridge and microwave, flat screen tv, a/c and blackout curtains (athough they never quite meet together do they? :) free wifi that worked. The pool area was clean, the pool itself was ICE so didn't go in, but the hottub was hot.. the fitness area was a good size, and we ate the buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was overall fairly good, slow service but a decent selection of both hot/cold and fruit. While checking in overheard a lady in front of us very mad that they had marked up their hotel prices for this weekend only, i thought I heard the clerk say normally the rooms are $104 but they were put up to $174, if so, wow, that was gouging, but i could have heard wrong. (we had booked previously on another site). We had a maid knocking on our door one morning 9ish and told her we were still in here so she went away, but that kind of was off-putting, they need a better system that they only clean after you have checked out. It is a dog friendly hotel, so you might hear the odd bark, we had one across the hall that barked one evening for a bit (guessing the owners went out to eat or something) and again the next morning around breakfast) but other than that it was super quiet, didn't hear one kid running or yelling so we lucked out as it was supposedly booked solid. Overall we liked it, and if we got a deal we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Room looked to be updated with flat screen TV, new beds? Very very comfortable. However we were on level C which is the pool level so I am not sure if that was the cause or not but when we opened the door it had a nasty smell. Alot of people would have changed rooms but we were only there for a night so didn't bother but if I stayed again I would not stay on that level. We paid for the breakfast rate and let me say we were not disappointed! The breakfast buffet was beautiful with hot and cold choices and healthy choices such as fruits, oatmeat etc and pancakes, waffles, bacon, ham and eggs which my son said did not taste greasy as they do in some places. If you cannot find what you like then I don't know what you would want. The staff was all helpful and friendly. Would stay here again just for the breakfast!

Room Tip: Do not stay on level C
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed there the other night and were given a room in the basement. We arrived late in the night and the first thing i did was checked the beds and they looked okay. I put my daughter to bed and then went to put things in the fridge. When I opened the fridge there was what looked to be old spilled milk inside there that had been sitting for quite sometime. I also noticed that on the wall there was a dark substance that was splashed onto the wall and not cleaned off. I called down to the front desk to let them know about this and I was asked if I wanted to move to another room but due to my daughter being asleep after a long day of traveling I said no that the beds were clean and that it was okay. She said she would make a note of it. When we went to check out I also told the lady about it and all said was that she would let housekeeping know. There was nothing said about being sorry or being surprised by the room being found that like or nothing. I will NEVER be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Truro, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Gxmnq,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our location suitable for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness level of the amenities and staff service received. I will address this with the staff to ensure we can improve what we offer to our guests. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel was centrally located, clean, had a nice gym. The staff could have been a little more helpful with things to do but in their defense this is not a five star hotel with concierge service. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. The free wireless was appreciated, had no problems with it. A good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean quiet room farily close to the highway and several store and restaurants.

My only complaint was the poor performance of the hotel's wireless internet in the evening.

Of note, there is no breakfast offered at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple