“Worth the visit!”

Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice staff and decent food. Very fresh seafood and the Nova Scotia seafood chowder is very good. The accommodations inside and outside are worth the visit with nice views of the harbor if you can see through the often thick mist. Definately a hot spot for the young locals later at night.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stopped overnight in Yarmouth. Went there on a recommendation. We were asked if we had a reservation, first time I've ever heard of needing a reservation at a pub. Were stuck at a table way off in a corner right beside the dessert prep area, which was filthy. We had to ask if there were specials. My husband ordered an in-house beer and I had a margarita, first time I've ever had one with sugar on the rim. My husband had a steak which arrived fairly quickly but was cold and had absolutely no flavor or seasoning. I ordered rappie pie which also had no taste, supposed to be a traditional Acadian dish, poor Acadians!!

2  Thank Bryan5757
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our last night in NS and we ate like there was no tomorrow. The food was good. The service was so-so. This is a busy place though and this just might be the best they can do. There was live music during dinner. Nice. The bacon wrapped scallops were good. The fish cake was good. The scallop dinner special (maple glaze) was OK. Not as flavorful as I'd hoped and not as plentiful as I expected. I had carrot cake for dessert... it was more of a spice cake. Good for a spice cake... not so great for a carrot cake. My son had a sandwich and chocolate cream pie for dessert. He seemed happy. The beer was very good. I had the sampler. Fun... and then stayed with the Raspberry ale.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a friend Come from Britsh Columbia, and we brought her to Rudders as she was looking for a great place that served local food, she was NOT disappointed, nor were we, really Stop by, walking distance from the Ferry Nova Star, take a left after you leave the ferry parking lot, and you wont regret it.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

They bring you to your table WITH the bread!
Service, food and brew were simply perfect!
Even the small children at the table next to ours were enjoying every minute.