“Ok Food, not so good service”

Rudder's Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Evening dinner with husband. Wasn't busy but steady, yet our service was the pits. After taking our drink and app order waitress took forever to 1get back with drinks, then took order came back with app. Left came back when hubbys salad was ready..we had nothing left to drink for I'm sure was 15 min easily before she came with our dinner. Never asked how anything was. I was waiting for her to come back before our dinner was ready so i could tell her that I wanted the dressing for my salad on side when I saw hubbys already came dressed, but she came bk do long I think they had to redo mine. Our app lobster dip for 9.99 was blech. Very bland. Our dinners hub had seafood crepes that he loved, but I found them rich and suppper cheesy. I had pan fried combo of scallops and fish eith spinach salad. All of which was tasty but I think sat under lamp too long as breading was soggy. At end she never thanked us, yet ahain didn't ask how things were. Stood there, didnt say a word while hubby paid with cc machine. We eat out and travel a lot...this was by far one of the worst experiences. I hope she was having a bad dayz, else she needs to find her forte :)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The title pretty much sums up this restaurant!!
My wife and I ate here based on the recommendation of the owners of MacKinnon-Cann Inn and they sure sent us to the best place in town!

I ended up getting the Seafood Casserole and it was AMAZING! I am the type of guy that could eat a half cow and this meal filled me up good!

I don't recall exactly what my wife ended up getting but they did have a very good selection of gluten free options. She was extremely happy with her meal as well.

Needless to say, we left this restaurant full and content!

Oh, and there is live music there too, which made it so much more fun to eat here.

3  Thank onebigfellah
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere in this establishment is great. Food is great and reasonably priced and service is always good too. If I had one complaint it would be the menu isn't too big and rarely has anything new on it. Other than that it's great.

3  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Best Cream Lobster I've ever had. Great with children, and lots of space. Outdoor patio, prices are great, and my mom, who is allergic to fish, was able to eat here, with not problems.

Have been back numerous times.

5  Thank OntarioTravel_mommie
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've eaten at Rudders several time. Usually I order the fish cakes and spinach salad which are always very good. The last two times I ordered their seafood salad and it was to die for! The ambiance and service has always been good and the food consistent. The restaurant overlooks the water and has a rustic martime charm.

4  Thank atseashore