“A bit pricey, but good nonetheless”

Lakelawn Motel Cafe
Ranked #15 of 61 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“A bit pricey, but good nonetheless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The food was great and service was very good as well. It is a small dining room so it's an intimate setting. The only thing I would say is the owner injected himself into our evening a little too frequently. It was a birthday supper for my sister so we had about 12 people there and there was no shortage of conversation.

The problem was the server (who I believe is also the owner) kept coming to the table and lingering in the conversation. Ordinarily if it was just my wife and I that wouldn't be an issue but on this occasion it was a little annoying.

lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn Motel Cafe, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi and thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoyed the food and service.
Yes I am Mathew one of us servers who attended to your table that night. Our intention is to show you a great time with the food and service quality. Us servers take our cues from our guests as to when to spend extra time and entertain the guests and when to serve only and be formal and stay in the background.Either some of your guests were giving me signals to join in and entertain or I might have misread the signs. Either way I must apologize if I came across as overbearing or overly social.
My intention was to provide you with all what you needed to make your evening a great one.
Our prices are designed to reflect our quality and we strongly feel you get a great value here.
Thanks for your words and hope to see you soon.

Yarmouth, Canada
“A Wow Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

One of Yarmouth’s finest cuisines with Chef Matthew. Brought friends of mine from the USA to experience their first time there & they couldn’t say enough. One friend being a chef himself from New Jersey was thoroughly wowed by the whole dining experience & promised to return next year. The pork medallion is my #1 favorite along with so many.

Visited July 2013
Hi and thank you for this wonderful review. Sorry for the late response. I just figured out how to respond to the cafe reviews.
Us at the Lakelawn have enjoyed your many visits with your family and friends as well as your out of town business associates. We look forward to serving you again and in the meantime we hope you have great dining experiences.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Mathew and Val
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Incredible meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The menu was sophisticated, the ingredients were local and fresh, the dishes were all prepared to order, and the atmosphere was charming, all of which made for an exceptional dining experience!

Visited September 2013
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Mathew and Val
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food in Nova Scotiaq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We travel on business all year long and we have eaten in the best and the worst restaurants. While staying at the Lakelawn B and B we were lucky to get a seat in their fine dining café and what an experience that was.
It was a very relaxed non pretentious yet professional atmosphere and semi formal. The atmosphere was so wonderful we did not want to leave. We had three courses, cocktails and wines as well as after dinner liqueurs. Our bill was more reasonable than most places we visited. The food is to die for and I hope we can one day get the time to go back to Yarmouth and enjoy the Lakelawn Fine Dinners. All those who dined in the café were pleasantly surprised and we talked to a few other couples who were staying there and they all could not believe how wonderful everything was.
I think we will one day make our way back there to taste that amazing menu selection.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lynne S
What a great review
I thank you for taking the time and for just knowing how to enjoy.
Hope to see you again in the near future.
Thanks for the memories.
Saint Jerome, Canada
“Great Room and Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our second time at the lakelawn Motel. We love Yarmouth Nova Scotia and keep going back. One attrations is the Lakelawn and the people who run it. It is clean and comfortable and they gave us a great price for staying multiple nights. It has a great central location yet a bit off the beat and track which made for a quieter area. The grounds were so well kept and well attended to. We even were lucky enough to have a very warm day to relax under the sun.
We asked it we could check in early and check out later than the usual time and they had absolutely no problem with that. They also made us tea and coffee whenever we asked for it and would not accept any payment for it. The people took an old building and gave it a lot of thought and care and made service their attraction. It works. We felt save and well looked after at all times. We will be going back.
We ha dinner at the restaurant twice and we had several courses and wines a what a great experience.
They have a set menu with a lot of choices and all was absolutely excellent.
I strongly recommend the motel for travelers who are looking for comfort and value. I recommend the restaurant to all those who know and appreciate qualilty in food service.
We hope to be back.

• Visited May 2013
I think you are wonderful too
We thank you for taking the time to enjoy and for writing this review
We do hope to see you back in the near future