“An unexpected delight”

Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had to make a quick trip to Yarmouth last week. The TA reviews for the Lakelawn Motel were great so we decided to stay there. When checking in we noticed there was an attractive dining room with an interesting menu posted. You can eat there by reservation only, but we did not know when we would be able to so the proprietor said to call when we knew and he would try to accommodate us. It turned out that we were able to return quite early and the proprietor, Matthew, welcomed us for dinner.

What a treat we had. The menu has choices for four courses: appetizers, salads, main courses and desserts. You could order a la carte, or have any three for $40, which is what we chose to do.

For an appetizer, I had delicious stuffed grape leaves while my husband had a wonderful dish with scallops in a creamy sauce. We had two excellent large salads and then for the main course we both had wonderful, perfectly cooked lamb chops (four of them) with very well presented vegetables. For wine we were told to choose a bottle from a small display. There were some very good wines for reasonable prices.

Matthew is a gem. The restaurant was quite busy and there were only him and the excellent cook. They managed to looked after us beautifully and with lots of smiles. We had a most enjoyable evening.

lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn Motel Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hi
and so sorry for taking years to respond. It was hard to respond because my cafe did not appear on my hotel review site.
So I just want you to know that I do cherish your kind words and wish you many great dinners to come
Mathew