“Average”

Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Bancroft
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Read the reviews here and tried for dinner last week on our way through Bancroft. This place is average; not as great as everyone said in the reviews. Fish was good although a bit greasy. Fries were fine. It always amazes me when a fish & chips place serves tartar sauce in those little packets. Decor is extremely plain Jane with folding chairs. Washroom was very clean. Server was friendly and very efficient.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LastMango

Toronto
“Great Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm here every few weeks in the summer and almost always have the halibut and chips. Even the "small" order is a generous serving. The batter is light and flaky, the fish perfectly cooked and the home-cut chips are hard to resist. Friendly hosts and servers. Best for 100 kilometres in my opinion.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SolaGo
Acton, Canada
“WOW !”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I happened upon this restaurant by chance. I was visiting my girlfriend's sister nearby and stopped for a snack. You had better bring cash as they don't take cards but they do have their own ATM. The chips were great but the fish was to die for. It was lightly breaded so all you really taste is the glorious, glorious fish and not 2 inches of dough. I can certainly say that this is the best fish I can ever remember. I could see nothing wrong in any category of business here and if there was 110 % I would give it. Great view, great service, great food and a great price. You got to try it, worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank georgewdear
Belleville, Canada
“Fresh fish 'n chips-yumm”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stopped in to have a late lunch and all 3 of us had fish & chips. Halibut was very good - lightly battered (not heavy & greasy), onion rings very good-again, not heavily battered or greasy & fries were good. It's a nice change to be able to have fish & chips and actually be able to taste and enjoy the fish, rather than being heavily sedated with 2 pounds of breading and not being able to taste the actual food you ordered. The service was excellent, restaurant was very busy with people coming and going and washrooms clean:) I definitely think you should stop in here and try their great fish & chips - just for the "halibut!"

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bucketlist060Ontario
Pembroke, Canada
“The Best Fish Anywhere”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stopped at this restaurant many times. We even try to pass through Bancroft just for the fish. The restaurant is always clean and the servers are very attentive and efficient. Yes they have fish and chips but their fish is wonderful without the chips. The fish per generous piece is $4:50 and clams are $6.50. This is no "lets warm up frozen fish joint." The product is fresh and tasty. We love the food.

• Visited May 2013