“New Owners”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Rural Roots Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly, cafe and bakery serving home made food and baked goods including gluten-free. Outdoor patio, Muskoka Roastery Rainforest Alliance coffee and Metropolitan Teas. Vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The prices are way too expensive. I like the location, next to the Bancroft Art Gallery. I wish they serves Muskoka Brewery coffee.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sorry but this place closed at the end on December 2013. Too bad because it was amazing! It was where many of us met and connected on a regular bases. It will be sorely missed with all of its organic coffee, gluten free products, and homemade food.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am a tough customer who knows healthy cuisine. As an ex vegan, now vegetarian, who knows the meaning of nutrition,Rural Roots is pretty much the only restrauant my husband and I patronize in Bancroft when we are hungry.
The owner, who I only know as Sherry runs a tight ship and stands behind her delectable fare. Each and every visit has been very positive because I leave knowing we have consumed quality food. Five Stars!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Unfortunately I discovered that there aren't too many healthy-food choice establishments in Bancroft, so I was really looking forward to checking out this cafe. The food was decent but nothing extraordinary. The ingredients were fresh but the portions were skimpy. My partner ordered a soup and sandwich and was still hungry after. I had a burrito and a salad and same - meagre portions. And neither of us are big eaters.

The prices seemed pretty steep considering the small portions. Not the worst experience but I wouldn't suggest it if you're feeling pretty hungry. We bought some cookies and they were great.

I'd stick with the cookies and lunch elsewhere.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Awesome food!! Gluten free choices, very friendly, knowledgable staff...mushroom veggie burger was delicious!