“The lake is definitely the main attraction”

Silent Lake Provincial Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Bancroft
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here for 3 days, we stayed in an electric site (for the first time in a provincial park), the site we picked was big enough for 3 tends and a dinning area, lots of trees (I got to set up my hamoc).
The beach was the best, kids playing everywhere, warm water and a beautiful view.
Our babies enjoyed playing on the sand and getting wet on the lake, we enjoyed swimming as far as the middle of the lake, which gave us the best view and the most peaceful moment of our trip.
Camping here was a bit more expensive compared to other provincial parks in Canada, but it's a kids friendly place and that was we were looking for!(

3  Thank Karlgeov
"clean comfort"
"bass"
"mid week"

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just got back from the park and feeling very depressed because I am missing the beautiful and the most amazing park, we stayed at 89 and 90 these two sites have to be booked together because the are next to each other and no trees in between. We enjoyed the conoe which you can rent hourly 10 dollars or whole day 25 dollars, there are two beaches one is a day use and second is for campers we could use both, hicking should take 6 hrs to complete amazing I took my kids (6,8,10) for 3 hours return hicking , I wasn't very prepared i couldnt do the whole 6 hours, however kids enjoyed it a lot, I really recommend it , staff there are very nice and helpful we even extended for another camp site and took 92 it was next to the main bathrooms, (laundry 2 dollars)
Amazing amazing trip , btw it was very quiet park thats why it's called silent lake
We I went with my most amazing family

4  Thank Mona M
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just came back from three nights of camping at Silent Lake. We picked this park because it had walk in sites and mountain biking trails. We loved the walk in sites, we stayed at 78. It was very private and about a five minute walk to the car. The walk in sites on the other side are just above the beach- handy if you have children, but we don't so we were very happy with our choice- the loop was very quiet. I was disappointed that the washrooms at the walk in loop were out of order, as it meant I walked all the way to the beach bathrooms (7 minutes) every time I had to go. There were porta potties in the parking lot, but the flush toilets two minutes away seemed worth the extra walk. I really hope they fix the ones on the loop.

They have bears there and there were orange signs everywhere to that effect. We were told not to keep any food at our site, even during the day when we were there. Food at the entire campground was kept in cars. We didn't mind walking down to get the food at meal time, but just the idea of a mother bear and cubs around did give me an uneasy feeling.

They have two nice beaches and a few hiking trails. It is very hilly at the entire campground- only take bikes if you love big hills. Even just driving around the campsites was a good workout. The mountain biking trails were just cross country ski trails that you could bike on. The one we tried wasn't very exciting.

We hiked a lot, but the trails are very poorly marked and weren't even on the map we got at check in.

If you have kids and want to walk to the beach, don't stay at Granite Ridge- it's a mountain climb back up from the beach.

I did enjoy the time there and plan to head back next year.

3  Thank CampingAdvice
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just came back from 4 days. Beautiful! Very rugged and a hybrid of the best of Algonquin and the Kawarthas... without the crowds and noise of either. The comfort stations seem to all be brand new and very well appointed with plenty of hot water and washer/dryers in fine order. The beach and dock out in the bay is amazing and kept the kids entertained for days. We tried to fish day and night every day and nothing. Not a single bite. The reports of walleye bass and pike are perhaps a bit exaggerated. But it made for some fine father son time regardless. There are hills everywhere! And be warned, in a good way, the sites are overly large. But this may make for a longer than expected hike to water and the comfort stations. We will definitely return.

4  Thank rdolishny