“Delicious upscale cuisine”
Review of R&L Bistro - CLOSED

R&L Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: R&L Bistro is a small quaint Bistro on Manitoba Street in the heart of downtown Bracebridge. We seat a maximum of 32 covers for lunch and dinner at one time. We do recommend reservations either by phone or online through our booking interface.Inside you will find a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere, with white linen table cloths. In the evening the atmosphere is decidedly romantic.A local artist provides the stunning artwork.Our food although simple and delicious, covers a wide array of cuisine styles from traditional French, to Asian and Italian dishes, all presented with flair.Our service is second to none, and in the evening is modeled on the service found at Michelin starred establishments.We look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends to R&L Bistro.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Organized an anniversary dinner for 20 people including 5 small children. We were invited to bring decorations as well as our own special cake for the occasion and the staff happily helped us carry out these special requests. Adam made practical and helpful suggestions for the menu and did not disappoint. The salmon was fresh, flaky and the dill sauce accompaniment was not overpowering. The ingredients that were used from the appetizer to the main to the desserts were quality and well presented. Everyone's food arrived at the same time and we were not left waiting in between courses. The servers were always on hand and frequently asked how everything was and if anyone needed anything else. I left feeling full but not overstuffed or bloated. Heard similar rave reviews especially about the taste and quality of the food from my dining companions all evening. I found the value for fine dining to be reasonable and will return soon.

1  Thank foodie488
muskokaguys, Owner at R&L Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank You for your positive review regarding your 25th Anniversary party held here at R&L Bistro.

Adam and Rick,
Just wanted you to know how surprised I was to discover that someone in our group had posted such a scathing rating on Trip Advisor about your restaurant. I was disappointed as I believed everyone had a very good time and truly enjoyed the dinner. I've never reviewed on this website so it may take a couple of days to post, but I have given my own rating today which is, obviously, very favourable. I would be pleased to dine at R & L Bistro again.

Regards,
Thank you for your e-mail. We look forward to serving you in the very near future.
Rick Peltomaki (Owner)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have never had a worst party ever. Absolutely everything was done so poorly.

Food- I had the salmon with veggies and potatoes, all the food was cooked right but very bland and the portions were so small I thought I was on a diet. For the price I was paying there better have been either super good food or good portions.

Service-The service was just sad, the drinks were forgotten. And never was asked if wanted another drink. Water glasses never were refilled.

No music was in the background.

People came in at dinner time and the man rudely said that the restaurant was full. No apologise necessary aparantly.

Conclusion. Still hungry, but my wallets empty

2  Thank Cutiepie123321
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We dropped in for lunch. The tripadvisor reviews are quite positive, and they even have a 2013 tripadvisor sticker in the window. Perhaps our experience is an exception, but our lunch experience didn't match what others have had for a dining experience.

The bistro is simply decorated and clean. Nothing too fancy, but functional. My wife ordered the grilled pickerel and I opted for a regular hamburger. The pickerel tasted off, and the potato salad was bland. My burger was dry through and through. Not an ounce of juiciness to be found. Our server seemed to be inexperienced. He took our order, and served us. That's it. Our water glasses were never refilled and he did not check back with us during the meal.

To their credit, the fish was taken off the bill when my wife mentioned the problem with it. It does show they care enough about their customers to do the right thing. Because of that, I'll probably give this place a second chance in the future.

muskokaguys, Owner at R&L Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews very seriously. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met during your recent lunch visit. We have responded to all of your concerns with our team to make sure that future visitors to R & L Bistro receive our reknowned freshly prepared food and exceptional service. We try to provide the best possible dining experience for each and everyone of our guests. We are glad that you will give us another try at a later time. It is with this hope that you will accept a complimentary lunch with us next time.
Rick Peltomaki (Owner)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

It fantastic how Muskoka can deliver so many fine dining establishments open year round
when the resident population is less than 20k.
R&L is a great example of fine dining.
My wife and I love the large window over looking the street.
The decor has style and is very inviting as is the service.
Food is excellent and well presented.
we have been there 3 times and have never been disappointed.
Another Gem in muskoka!

1  Thank bfarrellBaysville
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've found this nice restaurant randomly on our way to Muskoka. Warm and welcoming service and good food! Highly recommended, especially for the service!