“Over priced”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Minden, Canada
“Over priced”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I don't consider this restaurant to be a good value. We went there this week based on the "trip advisor" reviews that were very good. I was expecting premium food and to pay a premium price. We got one but not the other. $29.00 for 4 tasteless scallops on a quarter endive and some purple potatoes. Very pretty presentation but very small portion and not very memorable flavor. If you include a starter, entre, dessert and a bottle of wine expect to pay $140.00 for 2, not including tax and tip. A fair price for the decor, and presentation, but not for the portion size nor flavor.

5 Thank Tim K

Blue Mountains, Canada
“Fantastic Pizza Excellant Staff”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had the pleasure of enjoying Lunch at Riverwalk on Aug 12 I originally made the rezo by email and then we had a change of plan so I called to change our reservation from 2pm - 1pm. The pleasent lady who took my call completely understood and was more than happy to make the change for me. I checked my email about an hour later and saw that there was a comfirmation of my original rezo and then another checking to make sure that I had indeed changed the time. I was very impressed by this as I have left email rezo's to other restaurant in the past only to find out later the establishment rarely checks their email. We were also impressed by the servers and kitchen staff. The cooks were more than happy to chat about the kitchen and how even though it was open and on the small side it is fun to work in. The lay out works well. I had a Grilled Thin Crust Pizza that was fantastic and my wife truly enjoyed her Roasted Veggie Frittata. The wine list though limited has a good variety and at lunch the Merlot by the glass was quite pleasent. Unfortunately it was raining on and off so the patio was not an option. When we had finished the sun came out so we took a walk along the patio, the views are quite exceptional maybe I shouldn't have changed our rezo time. We look forward to returning and hopefully dining on the patio. mc

1 Thank MikeCanuk56
Muskoka District, Canada
“As locals it's our favourite restaurant.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We are locals. We are not comparing this to Toronto restaurants but other Muskoka restaurants. Right now it's our favourite and has been for a year. The ambiance is lovely. Either inside with the stone and wood or outside on their deck between the 2 falls (yes there's a little road traffic on the bridge overhead but tune it out with good company). The girls are great. We are never in a hurry and love to enjoy the restaurant. The food has flavour and personality. New menu just this month. The crackled chicken was divine! Love the staff and the kitchen is vented outside and makes the deck smell wonderful!!!!

“Absolultly AMAZING!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I ate lunch there and sat out on their beautiful patio overlooking the bracebridge falls! It was absolitly stunning. The food is all local and absolutly amazing!! The pizza is was wonderfull the chef was more then accomidating with toppings I wanted to have. The person I was with had the fritata and absolutly love every last bite! All the staff was more then helpfull with any questions I had and were wonderful to deal with! I would absolutly reccommend this restaurant! Everything about our experiance was AMAZING!!

Thank MuskokaChic!
Ontario, Canada
“I've never been more abused”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I being tired with cancer therapy were very looking forward to lunch out. We spent the whole day before researching the best place because it is a rare treat. When we got there we were between people in front and behind us in line, which is ok. There was a pizza on the counter and I thought it was a sample of the food. A man came out with a woman and said to the hostess "maybe you might want to do something with a lineup of paying customers". He seemed pissed but I didn't take too much notice.While accustomed to sometimes waiting I watched people coming out with their checks to pay rather than waiting at their table any longer. Another group mentioned the service was horrible.Two women waiting to pay their bill said "don't get the fritatta and that the service was really bad. With this the people behind us left. The 3 women in front of us were seated. While still waiting (there were tables) the 2 women still waiting to pay kept explaining their bad experience. I suggested us leaving but my husband was looking forward, but tired of standing. When he mentioned to the passing hostess why was he still standing here he was just shot a dirty look and told he'll have to wait. When she went past again I mentioned to her that she should get more staff to help. She snapped to me that "it's not my fault if people don't show up" If I had to work with her I wouldn't either. I then said "I just mean that you need more help". With that she snapped again and said "well, you don't have to be here you know!" I was floored and the 2 women waiting to pay were completely shocked and one kept repeating "I can't believe she said that to you!" The hostess then picked up the pizza that had been on the counter this entire time and took it to a table. The other woman waiting said "I can't believe she's serving that". When my husband the asked if he could speak with the owner/manager she told him "that's me." He said "I sincerely doubt that". He then said to me that she looked like a student. With that I had enough and said I wasn't giving this place my money which would have been a lot as this was a special occasion. I insisted if she didn't want us there I was leaving as her wish.
This attempted lunch took pace on Wednesday July 18th at 1:30 pm.
If I could rate this place in the negative I would.

Visited July 2012