“Cedarwood was my home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Cedarwood on Lake Muskoka
Toronto
“Cedarwood was my home away from home!”
Reviewed March 9, 2008

In July 2006, I had to go to Bracebridge for a last-minute business trip. After an exhaustive search, I finally found Cedarwood Resorts, and the owners were kind enough to find accomodations for me for 2 full weeks. I have to say I've never enjoyed work as much as when I was at the resort!

The resort is located off a main road between Bracebridge and Port Carling. There are 10 rooms that open to a garden with BBQs, and individual cottages scattered throughout the property. I stayed in one of the rooms, which had 2 double beds, a full bathroom, TV, microwave, plates and utensils for use. It was very convenient!

The resort has a small beach and a lakefront with lounge chairs. Sitting by the lake during sunset was an incredible experience! There were also kayaks, canoes, pedal boats, a water trampoline and slide for all the guests to use.

There are plenty of hiking trails around, including the trail to Huckleberry Rock. The resort is also a short drive away into town for groceries.

There is wireless available in the property management office, so I was also able to check email everyday.

My boyfriend came to visit me during the second week and he absolutely fell in love with the resort too! We had a lot of fun hiking and canoeing together.

This is a fantastic resort for families - I can't wait to bring my mom and sister here!

• Liked — Lakefront property, lots of outdoor activities
  • Disliked — Mosquitoes
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pactio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our family (2 adults + 2 children 5 and 3 yrs) booked this last-minute after extensive searching on the internet for resorts in "the Muskokas". We did not want glamour and refinery, but something clean, comfortable and ideal for small kids who aren't quite ready for the day camp scene. Cedarwood fit the bill and we appreciated the fact that the staff were friendly and honest about what to expect when we phoned to inquire: a small beachfront with toys for children, a water trampoline and slide, a dock with paddle boats, canoes and kayaks at our disposal (free). We booked a room, which turned out to be fairly large, very clean and equipped with a small fridge and microwave oven. There were several barbecues in the garden just outside the rooms, and each room had a good-sized screened-in porch with a table and chairs. The resort grounds were very well maintained. The only minus is perhaps the fact that the rooms are located just off the main road between Bracebridge and Port Carling, but once down at the water you'd never have known and the traffic at night was minimal. In short, next year we will rent one of the cottages at Cedarwood and bring the grandparents along!

• Liked — excellent value, warm lazy afternoons on the lakeside dock
  • Disliked — accommodation a bit close to the road
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Patterson Kaye Resort by Regalton
Wellington Inn
Wellington Inn
#3 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Cedarwood on Lake Muskoka? Share your experiences!