“Better than the chains”

Muskoka Bean Cafe
Oakville, Canada
“Better than the chains”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stopped in by chance on a cold Sunday morning while driving home from Huntsville area and very much enjoyed the special coffees and teas. Pastries were very good too. Service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited November 2013

Wiarton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Slam Your Customers”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our first visit to Bracebridge and we were in and out of stores, exploring and shopping as we walked. We went in for take-out and purchased a cappuccino-like hot drink that came across the counter overflowing with cream foam down the cupsides and onto the counter. The (father) server asked our son's partner to slurp the top off before going anywhere with it. My wife and I ordered a bag of pastries that came to $10.40. He rang it thru and our receipt read $1.04. I passed it back to him and asked him to recalculate, without pointing out the error. He acted insulted, his daughter came over for a look and he made it correct. He then asked where we were from. When I told him he responded "Oh, that's too bad...don't you have some sort of rodent that thinks he can predict the weather?" Maybe at that point we could have left everything sitting on the counter and walked but his surliness took a few minutes to sink in. The rest of our store visits that day were good experiences. That Bean guy is a smurch on Manitoba St.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pollywogs
“Save your money!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff are pompous and extremely rude!!! And not to mention the owner terrified my 3 YEAR OLD son and had him in tears.
I am a local and I do not support these people!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Willy-mo P
“Save your money!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

“DONT GO”
Reviewed 7 June 2012
I took my family to this cafe, and I will never go again. The owner and his wife are pompous and rude, and their daughter has a bad attitude and treated us as an inconvenience. They were loud and rushed us even though there wasn't a line up. The owner "jokingly" harassed our kids until they were scared of him and even then he wouldn't leave them alone. The decor was nice, but the service was unbearable and the prices for what we ordered was high. I won't go back, let alone take my family.

Yes Mary I agree!
I've been to this cafe many times and every time the owner, wife and daughter have been "pompous and rude"
I stopped going when the owner made my 5 year old cry. He then proceeded to snap at me because my son was crying too loud.
The food and coffee is overpriced and stale.
I don't know how he stays in business?!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Willy-mo P
“A cute little place”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After moving to Bracebridge a month ago, I'd really wanted to go into the Muskoka Bean. But after reading reviews on here, and asking people I work with, I'd decided it wasn't worth my time or money. Then today I was walking around and for some reason no other place I wanted to go for coffee was open, so I decided to try the Muskoka Bean out. It smelt great, the atmosphere was amazing, and when I first walked in I saw a sign advertising fall drinks, which is exactly what I wanted. I was very well informed that the service at this place sucked, but I got nothing but normal, not great, but definitely not bad service. I'll definitely go back, and I'd suggest anyone give it a try.

• Visited October 2012