“Love the cook book”

Cuisines: Canadian
northern Ontario
“Love the cook book”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Cute little place, i bought the cook book and look forward in making my own baked goods for our Guests here at Days at the Lake B & B in Gravenhurst

Visited September 2012

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Rip-off”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If it weren't for the fact we were looking to shelter from the rain we wouldn't have entered this cafe. It was grossly, really grossly, expensive with coffees mediochre and double that of far better experienced in the adjacent Huntsville, the seating was inadequate and communal, and the server unbothered by flies on the food. A total rip-off.

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank tankernav
“Insane.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Spent a weekend in Muskoka with my girlfriend. We had never been there and we went to the downtown area for a street festival and we ended up at Marty's because it looked like a good place to grab a snack.
I got a ham sandwich and a side salad, she got a salad. I found it weird that there aren't any prices anywhere on the menu. Then I found out why. I got hosed for $30. For a ham sandwich. Which of course tasted the same as a $5 ham sandwich.
As a courtesy they should at the very least post prices to avoid the "WHAT!?!" that comes at the register.
If people want to pay $30 for a simple and bland sandwich thats their perogative but to fleece first timers is just bad hospitality.

4 Thank Adistef1
Thornhill, Canada
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visited the Famous Cafe and was literally kicked out because I arrived 30 minutes from the closing time and was told that I can not have my cappuccino in a mug or pastry on the plate because the server does not have time to do the dishes. She told me that after I had already paid. So I was stuck with a very expensive treat in a paper bag and a coffee in a styrofoam cup. I was "allowed" to sit down though. Cappuccino was very good and a date square tasty but I felt rushed and did not enjoy this overpriced experience at all. It all cost me $14!!!! Lady who served me should not work in service industry.

• Visited September 2012
8 Thank Tiiu61
ontario, canada
“Ask the price first.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

A sandwich with side salad, two salads, a coke, and a latte cost $48. Yiiiiiiikes.
The food was good, the music was nice; seems like a cute place. Shame it felt like we were getting fleeced.

3 Thank Anna G