“Broken shower and terrible customer service from the Owner! You couldn't pay me to stay there again!”

Travelodge Bracebridge
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is not a hotel! It is more like a very dated Motel! Way over priced for what you get. The sinks water temperature changes when other rooms use the water at the same time. The rooms have had next to no up keep. There are cracks in the floors, holes in the walls and the bathroom door does not shut right. The shower also does not work right. First the water is extremely hot then turns ice cold. I was unable to adjust the temperature due to the fact the knob was broken. I informed the cleaning staff of our issue with the shower and she was very helpful and apologized for the cold shower. She checked the shower and informed the front desk and the owner of the issue. This is when our stay took a turn for the worst. The owner made me feel like a liar and told me there was no issue with the shower and that I don’t know how to use the shower. The fact is the shower was broken! My concern was for future customers. The owner’s customer service was horrible after realizing I checked in online and prepaid for the room. This is when she raised her voice at me and was extremely rude. She basically tried to make me feel like an idiot. She told me she would not credit my room because it was just because I didn’t know how to operate a shower. The fact was the shower knob was broken! Only after I told her I was going to contact the corporate office about her inappropriate customer service and lackluster rooms did she try to help me. By this time it was too late. The damage was done. You could not pay me enough to stay there. I do not recommend this Hotel/Motel. It needs new ownership/management.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vansh2010, Manager at Travelodge Bracebridge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
To whom it may concern,
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while staying with us. We have always tried our best to keep our guests happy, I am really disappointed to know that we failed to do so. I did talk to my staff and heard their side of the story as well, I did get to know that you wanted us to give you a discount as well; we were unable to do so because your reservation was a third party reservation, Expedia, which means that the payment was taken off of your credit card right after you make the reservation and then they take their commission from that payment and then they give us their credit card number and pay us the remaining amount. That is the main reason why we were unable to give you a discount. I would also like to point out that (without hurting anyone’s feelings or making anyone feel insulted) you were the only guest that was having problems during that weekend you can view the review above yours those guests were also staying here the same weekend as yours. Again I want apologize with all the regret that we were unable to provide you with the service you were expecting. Hopefully you can forgive us and give us another chance please and thank you.

Yours truly,
Travelodge Bracebridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dresden
Reviewed June 20, 2013

It was the perfect spot for us. There was a nice play area that our grandson loved. The room was very clean and comfortable. We will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

North Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is dated but we were aware of that before we went. I stayed here many years ago and I know they have made upgrades. The bathroom countertops have been replaced and outside of the bathroom where the microwave and fridge were. It was nice to have the microwave and fridge. We were there for my son's soccer tournament and it was conveniently located. It has a nice back yard area amongst trees and a play area. The boys had fun running around in the back yard and we could always see them from our room. The pool was not open yet but was being worked on. The rooms have a bit of a smell but it was better than the last room I stayed in years ago. It was clean however, and like the title for this review, it worked for what we were there for. The drawback was we could not check in a few hours earlier. We were told we would be charged $60 - even though the room was ready.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night in may we had two rooms and they all have new carpets furniture and a very clean bathroom it was also very nice to have a little porch and furniture out the back of the room to relax. I travel alot for work and I would defiantly stay here if end up back in Bracebridge. I'm not sure what all the negative reviews are about they're doing a great job here.

• Stayed May 2013
Vansh2010, Owner at Travelodge Bracebridge, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you very much this review was greatly appreciated by our staff and the owners, thanks once again.

Respectfully,
The General Manager
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not a great experience at all - needs to be renovated badly and for the price they charge for the rooms they should be able to do that. Smelly and the bedding was questionable. Find a different hotel....even the KOA is cleaner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna N
Vansh2010, Owner at Travelodge Bracebridge, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
To whom it may concern,
I am really sorry to hear your experience at our hotel. I am apologizing with all my sincerity. I would like to let you know that since our property is under renovation, is there anything you would like to suggest to us that would help us improve our property. I humbly request you to give us another chance, and if you would like to discuss this matter further you can contact us on (705)-645-2235 or on tlbb@sympatico.ca

Travelers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This dirty low end motel is extreamlty overpriced! The actual value of the stay is approximately $40 night or less! They are trying to rip people off by charging anything more then $40/night. I travel for work and constantly stay at hotels. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had. The rooms were very dirty, the showers had no hot water and the Wifi did not work. The managers were so rude and did nothing to help our situation. Worst guest service I've ever experienced! The managers actually went out of their way to increase the price of the room to $120/night without telling us for having a guest stop by to say hello. $120/ night is the price of a nice hotel like Holiday Inn or Ramada, not this dirty motel that didn't even provide the basics to a stay like hot water. The pictures on the webside are EXTREAMLY outdated! The rooms were beyond disgusting. They have not cleaned the walls or carpets in the rooms for at least 2 years. The smell was unbearable! My colleague had bed bug bites all over his body. This place is filthy! Anyone planning on traveling here should look to travel anywhere else. The cost is way to high and the place is beyond disgusting. If you still end up booking the place you are in for a very rude awakening. Take my advise based on experience and look elsewhere. Unfortunalty I went through the experience, but you don't have to.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mara2424
Vansh2010, Manager at Travelodge Bracebridge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views and comments with us. I would still like to justify and put out our side of the story as well, but I still regret about the fact that you didn't have a happy experience at our hotel.
1.) The reason the guests were charged extra was because when they booked the rooms online the reservation information said that there were 2 adults going to stay in each room but in reality each room accommodated 5 adults, they people "that were visiting" would come in to the room around 9 pm and leave around 8 am. Since there were 3 extra adults in each room $30.00 were charged to each room for each night, and as we have gotten camera outside in our driveway, we have a proof of those people being in the room all night long.
2.) The managers were not trying to be rude at all, they were no intentions of hurting the guests feelings but all they were trying to do is explain the guests that they can't have more than two people stay in the room in this price, and they want more people to stay in that room then they would have to pay extra for extra adults in the room or rent another room. Throughout the whole stay we have tried our best to keep up with our hospitality such as we provided them with extra conveniences. People have always appreciated our tone and attitude towards our guests.
3.) Our motel has never had a complain about hot water or wifi. All of our guests have always appreciated all the facilities available here.
Again I would like to apologize about your experience. I can't change what has already happened but I just wanted to put our side of the story out there, and I also wanted to give a full justification for the future guests that do read this reviews. If there's anything further that you would like to discuss, I'd be happy to discuss this matter, you could contact me on 705-645-2235
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Gravenhurst
Wellington Inn
Wellington Inn
#3 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Travelodge Bracebridge? Share your experiences!