“Great room and location!”
Review of Inn at the Falls

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Inn at the Falls
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Toronto, Canada
“Great room and location!”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed a week before May24 weekend and got the off-season rate for a two nights stay in the Mahaffy Suite 101.
Staff was friendly and helpful and our room was a two storey suite with lots of living space. Plus a nice big balcony and private entrance with a good view of the falls area.

Its like taking a trip back in time. They shut the whole place down after 8pm and we were the only couple staying in the hotel for the night. We saw the posting on the website of the place being haunted but we never noticed anything.(this could be a plus or minus for some people lol) We did hear creaks and noises at night but the buildings very old and that's expected.

The bed was comfy and the nicnacs around the unit were neat and lots of antique furniture. We also had two Tv's and a nice sized bathtub. Everything was kept very clean as well.

We would definitely return to the Inn if we were looking for a place in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Waterdown
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This was the second time we had stayed at the Inn at the Falls, the first being a totally off the cuff visit that spurred our return this year. This time, we selected a Jacuzzi room (a last minute change I was glad we made).

The room was spotless, the bed was like sleeping in a dream, and the Jacuzzi was wonderfully located right off the bedroom. We stayed at Room 161 in the Rose Cottage, right beside the main building.

We had a great meal at Wabora (which I'll review at some time soon), although we did enjoy the food at both the pub and the restaurant (closed for the winter except for the holidays) on our previous visit. The continental breakfast was enough to fill us up, and included bagels, homemade yogurt parfaits, melon, yogurt, and hard-boiled eggs.

The only very minor complaint was that the internet connection did not work in our room - my more network-trained spouse said it was likely due to something being turned off somewhere, as we were connecting to the network but not in turn to the internet. The staff apologized profusely and said that there must be a problem in the building - we can't fault them for not being network techs in addition to hotel administrators, and it was a good excuse to not use the computer on what was really supposed to be a vacation weekend. I suspect they'll have the problem fixed quickly. They also offered use of the staff computers if we needed them to make up for the issue. I thought they handled this well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had been to the Inn at the Falls years ago for my wedding and was delighted to see it had not changed, an upgrade to the dining area was obvious it look wonderful. We stayed in room 117 with a lovely view of the river and falls, the balcony was great. Front desk staff was very freindly and let us know of great things to do and see in the area. My husband and I booked a massage with the resident lady who runs the spa. It was one of the best massages I have had. The Inn although a bit outdated has a charm that I still think has appeal.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is a historic inn in a small town, so you can't expect modernity, luxury or sophistication. Some rooms or cottages on site may be in better shape than others, but overall, this is a well-maintained, charming inn. I stayed in Room 153 in the Gate House. There was a chair which was heavily stained and the jacuzzi was fairly old, but the cathedral windows and fireplace were great. It was a clean and nicely decorated with a comfy bed up in the loft.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful but with respect to the continental breakfast, the tables and food weren't turned over quickly enough. Dinner at the pub food was nice (I had the prime rib) but the banquet chaises and low tables aren't comfortable for dining and they're somewhat grubby. Even the inn's website claims that it's haunted, but since I didn't stay in the actual inn, I can't comment on the matter.

It's also right around the corner from the main drag. Bracebridge is a very cute, friendly town. I had lunch at The Old Station, which was very good. There's also reasonably-priced horseback riding at Maple Lane Farms (you'll need a vehicle or taxi to get there) and plenty of nice hiking trails.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I just spent one night at the Inn at the Falls, on our way up to Muskoka. While I was advised against booking it, including reviews read here and parental discouragement (had been a few years back and was very disappointed); I could find nothing else that would take us for one night. Everything else up in the Muskoka area was either extremely expensive or could only be booked for a minimum of a week! So with much hesitation, I nonetheless booked one night, room 117 in "The Mews".
I say this, because before I go into the reasons why I found it quite miserable, Inn at the Falls is on a beautiful location, with some lovely properties and heritage houses to be proud of. BUT THEY FALL VERY SHORT OF THEIR POTENTIAL. Their buildings are falling apart, rust and decay almost everywhere.
I tried to keep an open mind walking in, but it took my husband and me a while to do that, because the door knob was so loose and the key hole so abused that we could barely get the door open! When we finally did, I was hit with a waft of toilet cleaner product – stinky – that permeated the room.
It was actually an interesting room architecturally and the furniture, antique and vintage, quite nice. The bed was firm which was also a plus. Unfortunately, we could not sleep because the air conditioning unit that was haphazardly placed in the window was much too loud, but there were no windows to open, except a small patio door window that could only be held open when propped up with a stick. So needless to say, we were very hot and unable to sleep.
And what is more....
- The curtains were too short, so we could not block out the bright street and pub patio lights from glaring into the room.
- Neither one of the two bed side lamps worked.
- The carpet, old and mildewed, felt gross under my feet.
- The TV remote (even though we were not planning to watch much anyway other than to find out the weather) did not work.
- The soap dispenser in the bathroom was jammed and would not work.
In all truth, I would have been willing to pay a little more to the bill if the Inn was revamped and given the thoughtful care and attention it deserves. Inn at the Falls has the potential to be a number one accommodation, where people will return, but with a little more TLC and investment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

Hamilton
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We booked this wonderful Inn for a number of reasons, the History was amazing, and that was great!, The antiques were great, oour room #106 was great, but other parts of the Inn where the funriture was not antique, was just plain OLD, like in the pub, chairs needed refurbished, new foam in the seats, some new outside furniture and the pool liner was really old and twisted, we did enjoy the pool, but it didn't look like i would think it should for the $$$$.

The food the first night, fish and chips was amazing, the wait staff was great. (pub) The first morning there was no food left on the continental breakfast. There were 6 empty platters of crumps, so we knew there was food? this was at 8:20 am, it was to run from 7 until 10 am, we asked fromt desk and the server, the server said they didn't make enough food the night before? All they had was toast and some funny little lemon tarts, we had to wait 15 min to get a coffee. It was mentioned that it was free so ??? i said to the girl it wasn't free, it was part of the package that brought us there, we went out for breakfast.

I did tell the afternoon front desk later that day, as i thought they would think maybe more to tell the kitchen about it.

The Dinner that night was Prime Rib, (30.00) my hubby's was great, mine was overcooked and very tough, :( . I ate enough that I was full, so I didn't worry about it. They offered me a free specialy coffee and that was nice.

When we checked out, normally i just leave the key as we didn't charge anything, i thought to go to the front desk, the bill was wrong, they added a $10.00 gratuity, ????? ahhhh for what? the girl said for the restaurant...she quickly took it off as i told her we ate there and tipped there as we went, and i would never guess they would add that on to the hotel bill? so how many folks walked away with that charge and don't know it?

Also they ran the entire cost of the room and another 100.00 on top of that through on my credit card before i checked out? I found that odd too, usually they run it when you check out and normally only hold the deposit against your card not actually put it through.

So although we had a nice time, the Inn was very historic, it was the stupid little things like no breakfast as advertised (it was good the 2nd day) the extra charges and the need to update the non antique sections of the Inn.

Travel Lodge would have been half the cost likely and we still would have loved the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Goodwood, ON
Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I were staying for two nights in nearby Rosseau and decided to find a place to have lunch in Bracebridge. We were completely unfamiliar with the town and hoped to find a cozy place on an unseasonably cold and rainy Saturday in May. It was pouring rain and very cold when our GPS took us by the entrance to Inn on the Falls as we searched for another restaurant. We went in to look at the menu and immediately liked the warm and friendly, no-pressure greeting from Jim, who was serving. After checking out a few other places, there was no question that we wanted to return to the pub there for lunch. We received fantastic service and the food was excellent. My husband had fish and chips, and I had an Angus hamburger. For the very few minutes that we waited extra because they had 14 orders on the go, Jim topped up my wine glass for free. I can assure you that this has never happened -- not once! -- to me in a restaurant before and it made my day! The food was excellent and Jim's service efficient and professional. We loved the old feel of the place and the view. We will definitely return! Thanks for a most memorable experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
Patterson Kaye Resort by Regalton
Wellington Inn
Wellington Inn
#3 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Inn at the Falls? Share your experiences!