“Fantastic Pub Lunch!”
Review of Inn at the Falls

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Inn at the Falls
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Goodwood, ON
“Fantastic Pub Lunch!”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I were staying for two nights in nearby Rosseau and decided to find a place to have lunch in Bracebridge. We were completely unfamiliar with the town and hoped to find a cozy place on an unseasonably cold and rainy Saturday in May. It was pouring rain and very cold when our GPS took us by the entrance to Inn on the Falls as we searched for another restaurant. We went in to look at the menu and immediately liked the warm and friendly, no-pressure greeting from Jim, who was serving. After checking out a few other places, there was no question that we wanted to return to the pub there for lunch. We received fantastic service and the food was excellent. My husband had fish and chips, and I had an Angus hamburger. For the very few minutes that we waited extra because they had 14 orders on the go, Jim topped up my wine glass for free. I can assure you that this has never happened -- not once! -- to me in a restaurant before and it made my day! The food was excellent and Jim's service efficient and professional. We loved the old feel of the place and the view. We will definitely return! Thanks for a most memorable experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We caught the last weekend of the 'off-season' prices. This was certainly a good value for something more than a cookie cutter hotel room. The room (102) in the main Inn was comfortable with a bit of a historic feel. The decor and fixtures were of course older, but functioned well enough. We enjoyed the view high over the pub patio (which closes by 10:00pm so not a noise concern) and out over the river. The center of Bracebridge is at the doorstep. The other accomodation buildings appeared to be a mix of actual old houses, and basic modern motel rooms.

At full 'on-season' prices, I can understand some peoples expectations might be higher, especially in the non-historic buildings. Don't expect shiny marble and a modern fit-and-finish. This is however Muskoka, and the overall Inn property has its own character.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Wellington, ON
Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed at the Inn for one night. The location is excellent, adjacent to downtown Bracebridge overlooking the river. Desk staff were very pleasant. We were given Room 119 in The Mews with a balcony overlooking the water. The room was a good size, but the furnishings were somewhat tired. We discovered that the water pressure was low but the water certainly hot or cold, as needed. My partner awoke the next morning with insect bites across his lower back. We are note sure what caused them. The desk clerk apologized, saying nothing like this had happened before. She did give us a small discount on the room and was courteous enough to call our home the next day to ensure my partner was ok. Breakfast was described as continental, and provided a variety of cold cereals, croissants, muffins and toast, juice, coffee and tea.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

Ontario
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The property has so much potential but the last renovations look to have been sometime in the mid-nineties (would have been beautiful back then), but the whole property is shabby and in much need of repair. We stayed at the Gable House...all you could smell was the mustiness. The carpet could have been cleaner, the bathroom would have been not bad if only they replaced the floor...it was stained and moldy. The beds were very uncomfortable, but I must say there were an abundance of pillows (maybe becasue the beds were uncomfortable?). The gardens were overgrown and weedy. The pool was very sad...a beautiful spot at one time I'm sure, but now the patio is overgrown with weeds, the furniture in need of replacing and the pool itself not very clean. Hopefully one day someone will invest some money and fix up the property, it has so much potential.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Falls in Bracebridge, Ontario for one night. We had hoped to stay a second night but the hotel was fully booked when we tried a few weeks ago. Thank goodness! In the two and a half years since we were there, the inn has gone downhill significantly. We stayed in the Mews for $175/night and arrived to a corridor that smelled moldy and a room in need of updating. The curtains barely covered three quarters of the window that looked out onto the pool. When I opened the window for fresh air, we noticed mosquitos in the room and found several large coin sized holes in the screen. The bathroom was cramped and the shower leaked onto the floor. In the morning we went to a cold buffet breakfast and although the breakfast rooms in the main part of the inn were spacious, few tables were cleared and there was no staff available. We finally got someone at the desk who said that we could seat ourselves. The empty tables were just that: empty, soiled tablecloths and no cutlery or china on them. We found bowls on the serving table but they were also not clean and there was no cutlery or napkins available. Went again to reception and requested clean bowls and spoons. A few minutes later two staff appeared and brought bowls and gave us 2 teaspoons, one of which was dirty. I asked for a cereal spoon and she brought that a few minutes later. Still no one clearing up about 5 or 6 tables full of previous breakfast eaters leavings. We had to ask for napkins and knives. Other people asked for hot water to make tea. A server brought enough water for three people, the next newcomer asked if there was any more hot water, to which the wait staff replied: "Ummmmm, probably..." All of this happened 45 minutes to half hour before the 10 AM close time for breakfast. The food presented was fresh and tasted fine, but forget service and utensils.
I would not waste my money there again, a pity given we have stayed at the inn a few times across the years and the service and premises were always beyond adequate. When asked at the front desk if there was new management, the clerk replied that the present management had been there for a year and a half. It definitely looks as if they have been there long enough to make a very negative difference.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funtraveler2009
Brantford
Reviewed May 9, 2009

My friend and I have just stayed 3 nights at The Inn, and will not go back, nor can we really recommend it at the moment. The room we stayed in was big enough and had a porch looking towards the falls, but the falls were mainly hidden behind the trees. We could see some of the falls, but in the summer when all the leaves are on the trees you would hardly see anything. The general appearance of the whole Inn was that it needed a good outside paint job, with all the paintwork flaking, and also a very good tidy up outside. The flowerbeds and planters looked awful. I know its just Springtime, but the Inn is open all year and when first impressions mean a lot, our first impression was to turn around and leave !!
The food in the Fox and Hounds pub was fine, and the service was as good as could be expected - a little slow as there was only one member of staff. Again, it was early in the season, and they probably will have more staff in the summer, but on the Friday we ate there, there were probably around 30 people over a 2 hour period and only one waiter/bartender - he was good but had too much to do.
The lounge in the main Inn was nice looking till we noticed that there was some dirt on the floor on the Friday morning and it was still there - in plain view - on the Sunday morning before we left !
The continental breakfast was nice enough, although 2 out of the 3 mornings we had breakfast, I had to go in search of someone to get me a glass of iced water - why couldn't they have a jug of water beside the jugs of fruit juice ?.
We had a brochure for the Inn, and it mentions The Carriage room for meals but this room is only used for breakfast and appears that its only used for functions, but if I hadn't asked at the time I called to make the reservation, we would have arrived there expecting meals and finding there were none available.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
waterloo, ontario
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Upon arrival, we thought many of the buildings looked very nice but when we came in, it seemed only 1 girl was working. She was busy with a phonecall at first but was helpful and kind enough after that when we called to get our hair dryer replaced (it wouldn't work). Our building (the Mews, I think room 121 just like another reviewer) was not as pretty and smelled like a (very strong) citrusy air freshener. We were there for 3 nights and asked them not to use scents in our room and they respected that but then the room was musty. It was also very damp -even the carpet was damp to walk on. It seemed fairly clean and had nice enough furniture but there were a couple of stains on the ceiling, one right above the toilet, and the bedcoverings seemed quite old. I never got to swim in the pool because the hours were 9 to 9 and we were attending a course in the day, and around town and out for supper in the evenings. The breakfast was pretty good, and I think it was once a nice place but it is in serious need of some repair and refreshing! It is far too expensive for what it actually offers.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank andiebebe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
#2 of 10 in Bracebridge
Travelodge Bracebridge
Travelodge Bracebridge
#5 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Inn at the Falls? Share your experiences!