“If you are into Self-Serve”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the Falls

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Inn at the Falls
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
Toronto, Canada
“If you are into Self-Serve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Here's a break down of the entire stay:
1) I arrived before the 7PM close (what hotel closes that early in the first place?!) and the front desk was already closed. What is the point of front desk hours if you do not follow them?
2) the key to my room was very difficult to open
3) the room, while clean, was VERY outdated (think what your great grandmother would furnish her house with).
4) structurally, I felt nervous about staying: you could hear squirrels (?) in the ceiling and there seemed to be a leak (which makes me wonder about mould).
5) in the morning, the continental breakfast did not include coffee. When I inquired as to obtaining a cup, the front desk manager was very rude to me.
In essence, this hotel is for those who do not want service: you check yourself in, and don't expect any service in the morning or at check out. The entire stay made me feel like I was a nuisance, not exactly the type of accommodation I like to stay in.

Room Tip: tips to choose a good room? avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TheTravellingWandere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I went back to Inn at the Falls for our 8th wedding anniversary. We were married and and held our reception at the Inn. Well, it was a step back in time.. we had the same room #150 as we did then. Nothing really had changed however it was just a nice and the staff were just as helpful as back then. It was unfortunate that the dining room wasn't open for dinner anymore, but we did get to sit in the dining area for breakfast. We brought our daughter with us and she as just so excited to be at a place we have spoken to her about for years. If you want a weekend away the Inn is perfect for this. The place sets you back in to the early 1900's style but each of the suites has all the amenities of today!

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the cottages
1 Thank LRSJ
Baden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had our wedding at the Inn the weekend of October 18-20. Forty guests arrived on Friday night fou our planned Pub Night, which the Inn moved to the Carriage Room for us. The food was delicious and the personal service was amazing. We could not have been more pleased.
The wedding, which we had hoped to have outdoors had to be moved indoors due to rain, but the Inn staff was overwhelmingly helpful in allowing us to celebrate in accordance with our wishes.
The reception in the Pub was handled efficiently and always with a smile and the appetizers were devoured with relish by our guests.
The wedding dinner in the Carriage Room was exactly what we had hoped. The roast beef and yorkshire pudding, the salmon, the vegetarian dish, the salads and dessert were all scrumptious.
We could not have asked for anything more. Our dream wedding was to have charm , character, ambience, good food and good service and we got it all!
Thanks especially to Giles and Beca for their personal attention to and interest in our plans and requests.
All of our guests loved the Inn. It was the perfect place to share the weekend with family and close friends!

Room Tip: The bridal suite is charming...2 stories..with bed and bathroom on the second floor and a large sitt...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with our stay here. I bought a groupon and then checked the reviews. After reading the reviews I was a bit worried however our stay was very pleasant and we had a great experience. The staff at the Inn and in the pub were very friendly and helpful. Our room was great. We stayed in the Mews and the room was fine. We had a king size bed, it was clean, the view of the Falls was beautiful, the bathroom had everything that we needed and it even had a skylight. The fireplace was one of those plug in kind but it served the purpose and provided great ambience. The furniture was fitting for the antique style of the Inn. Our room also had a fridge and a separate sink. Free wifi and a balcony with a great view. The continental breakfast had a variety of juices, yogurt granola parfaits, boiled eggs, bagels, etc. It was great value and beautiful surroundings. We will be back..

2 Thank Anita1012013
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been traveling to Muskoka for Thanksgiving for the last decade and for the last few seasons have been looking for an ideal place to stay. We may have found it in the Inn At The Falls. This collection of houses and cottages just a short walk from the main srreet of Bracebridge is not everyone's idea of a place to stay but if you are looking for a quiet, clean, friendly place to relax you will find it here.

Because it was created for older buildings it is not the glass and chrome palace some may look for. It is more like the lodges of yesteryear. The staff is drawn from the local highschool and college students and their warmth and enthusiasm covers for any lapses. (Our server when asked for cognac brought us cointreau instead.) The chef and cooks are excellent and they know the limitations of the site and of the guests. They serve quality and not overly fussy food, well prepared and well presented. The continental breakfast is better than most to be found on this continent or in Europe. A real breakfast would have been welcome. The background music is soft, swing era vocals by Sinatra, Crosby, Ella etc. I loved it! It was all personally chosen by one of the managers too young to have seen them in person but selected with great good taste.

Our room was directly across from the main building and we used the comfortable chairs on the veranda as if it were our own cottage porch. The queen-size bed was fine although firmer pillows would have helped the slumber. The plumbing was excellent with lots of hot water with good pressure.

The walk down to the main street takes less than five minutes. Turn to the left and you find the shopping area. Bracebridge's chaming shops offer something for everyone. Arts and crafts are well represented as are antiques. Coming down from the Inn if you turn to the right you are at the falls. The power of the river as it roars over the rocks and through th sluices is awe inspiring.

It may not be new and shiny but just pretent it the old family cottage, relax and enjoy the Inn for what it is.

2 Thank 401ABW
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The moment I walked into the room I noticed the curtain rail hanging off. The furniture was tired, worn and stained. I reported the problems to the front desk who merely put it in a book and did nothing about it. We went to the connected pub, the Fox and Hounds, for dinner at 7 o'clock. The menu was extremely limited but was surprised that they wanted
to close the bar at 8.

• Stayed October 2013
Giles A, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. The book that you have mentioned is our maintenance book. We record each and every maintenance issue into this book to keep proper logs of the work being done at the Inn. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff went directly to the book to notify the maintenance staff. I do apologize that this was not dealt with sooner and I did speak directly to the maintenance staff regarding this issue. We do hope that you will return to our Inn and give us a second chance.

Regards,
Angela
Front Desk Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and myself have stayed here 5x in the last 10years.
If it wasn't for the friendly staff in the pub, we wouldn't come back.
Unfortunately, it's a beautiful location that hasn't been updated since it was purchased in the 80's.
Our room has no air conditioning, or ceiling fan, it's so horribly outdated it's almost sad. The windows open, thank heavens but, there's no screens.
They used to have a pool which is now covered by a deck.
They close at 7pm at the front desk so, you're on your own there.
The rooms are roughly $140-$160 but you are charged $200 immediately. Apparently to protect themselves of damages, I think, it's probably to offset the cost of them utilizing visa and debit.
The pub closed at 9, which because, of the lack of patrons, makes sense. The food and service in the pub is
great but, the furnishings and appearance of cleanliness are gross.
The carpet and furnishings in our room and the pub are sooooo old.
The bed squeaks horribly and feels like it's 50yrs old.
We have 2 channels on the Cogeco. 91and 3.
I have never left a review before for anywhere we've stayed.
We have travelled every weekend, for the last 10 yrs.
It has to really leave a mark for me to leave a negative review.
I feel horrible having to leave an evaluation of this nature.
I just feel that people will be really disappointed with this Inn.
We are very forgiving and kind so, we always give the benefit of the doubt or room for improvement.
This Inn always feels like it's just about to close it's doors. Like it's just hanging on.
The only way I could recommend staying here would be to encourage people to dump lots of money into the place in the hopes that someone could rejuvenate the beauty and ambiance this location deserves
Ugh. Hate to leave this but, sadly, I feel irresponsible not to.
Lastly, when I booked yesterday I was told there were only two rooms left. "We have wedding so we are really full"!
There is no wedding. I spoke with the coordinator, and it's like a ghost town.
I'm guessing they are limiting staff and services based on occupancy : ( .
On that note, I hope they can make the required upgrades to make this location a DESTINATION!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Oedyia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am the Front Desk Manager and I am sorry that your stay was not what it should have been. I would like to address the comment regarding the Wedding. I do apologize that you felt mislead in any way. Upon reservation the front desk agent should have specified that the wedding we were accommodating was an off site wedding. Due to the wedding accommodation we had limited availability. I do apologize that you did not have a comfortable nights sleep however in June we did purchase new mattresses for the Inn and for the Mews. Upon check in, we do not take a $200 payment. This was a pre authorization verifying funds on your card for incidentals. This is standard hotel practice. Our front desk does close at 7pm however we take steps to ensure our guests have a key to their room, instructions on how to get to the room, our welcome brochure and a 10% discount coupon for the Fox and Hounds Pub. All of this information is left in our " Late Arrival " mailbox in an envelope with the guests name at our front door. We also post a sign on the front door explaining all of the above to ensure the guests can locate their keys. Should any guests have issues we do have an on duty night manager on site for any and all emergencies. As for the rooms, we most defiantly do provide air conditioners in the summer months. They have been removed as it is now Fall. I am very happy to hear that the staff here was friendly and helpful to you. We all work hard to make things run smoothly. We do hope that you will come back once again, and give our Inn another chance.

Regards,
Angela
Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
Sherwood Inn
Sherwood Inn
#2 of 3 in Port Carling
Patterson Kaye Resort by Regalton

Been to Inn at the Falls? Share your experiences!