“Great location and staff. Needs to be updated in every aspect”
Review of Inn at the Falls

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Inn at the Falls
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bracebridge
“Great location and staff. Needs to be updated in every aspect”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and myself have stayed here 5x in the last 10years.
If it wasn't for the friendly staff in the pub, we wouldn't come back.
Unfortunately, it's a beautiful location that hasn't been updated since it was purchased in the 80's.
Our room has no air conditioning, or ceiling fan, it's so horribly outdated it's almost sad. The windows open, thank heavens but, there's no screens.
They used to have a pool which is now covered by a deck.
They close at 7pm at the front desk so, you're on your own there.
The rooms are roughly $140-$160 but you are charged $200 immediately. Apparently to protect themselves of damages, I think, it's probably to offset the cost of them utilizing visa and debit.
The pub closed at 9, which because, of the lack of patrons, makes sense. The food and service in the pub is
great but, the furnishings and appearance of cleanliness are gross.
The carpet and furnishings in our room and the pub are sooooo old.
The bed squeaks horribly and feels like it's 50yrs old.
We have 2 channels on the Cogeco. 91and 3.
I have never left a review before for anywhere we've stayed.
We have travelled every weekend, for the last 10 yrs.
It has to really leave a mark for me to leave a negative review.
I feel horrible having to leave an evaluation of this nature.
I just feel that people will be really disappointed with this Inn.
We are very forgiving and kind so, we always give the benefit of the doubt or room for improvement.
This Inn always feels like it's just about to close it's doors. Like it's just hanging on.
The only way I could recommend staying here would be to encourage people to dump lots of money into the place in the hopes that someone could rejuvenate the beauty and ambiance this location deserves
Ugh. Hate to leave this but, sadly, I feel irresponsible not to.
Lastly, when I booked yesterday I was told there were only two rooms left. "We have wedding so we are really full"!
There is no wedding. I spoke with the coordinator, and it's like a ghost town.
I'm guessing they are limiting staff and services based on occupancy : ( .
On that note, I hope they can make the required upgrades to make this location a DESTINATION!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Oedyia
Giles A, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am the Front Desk Manager and I am sorry that your stay was not what it should have been. I would like to address the comment regarding the Wedding. I do apologize that you felt mislead in any way. Upon reservation the front desk agent should have specified that the wedding we were accommodating was an off site wedding. Due to the wedding accommodation we had limited availability. I do apologize that you did not have a comfortable nights sleep however in June we did purchase new mattresses for the Inn and for the Mews. Upon check in, we do not take a $200 payment. This was a pre authorization verifying funds on your card for incidentals. This is standard hotel practice. Our front desk does close at 7pm however we take steps to ensure our guests have a key to their room, instructions on how to get to the room, our welcome brochure and a 10% discount coupon for the Fox and Hounds Pub. All of this information is left in our " Late Arrival " mailbox in an envelope with the guests name at our front door. We also post a sign on the front door explaining all of the above to ensure the guests can locate their keys. Should any guests have issues we do have an on duty night manager on site for any and all emergencies. As for the rooms, we most defiantly do provide air conditioners in the summer months. They have been removed as it is now Fall. I am very happy to hear that the staff here was friendly and helpful to you. We all work hard to make things run smoothly. We do hope that you will come back once again, and give our Inn another chance.

Regards,
Angela
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had to stay for business for two nights and I have to admit that I would rather have changed the hotel if I have had the choice. The room I shared with my friend had broken walls and some paper came off from the wall. Although the bathroom was clean, they forgot to make up one of the beds in my room and I choose that one to sleep in because it was on the right 'side' for me. But I found out when I opened my bed that they have forgotten to put a white sheet under the thick blanket and the thicker blanket had stains too!
First they gave us a room where I could smell the moisture very badly and we run out of it very fast!!!
Breakfast was small with almost no choice of food, fresh fruit or yoghurt. They forgot to ask me for coffee and they didn't replace some of the juices for a long time.
Some electric cables were not fixed and hung a bit everywhere.

I think it's a shame for this place that offers so much charm to look like this. I'm not talking of outdated furniture but I saw that there was just nothing done with love...
I wouldn't recommend this place at all! Bracebridge is very charming but the hotel makes it all bad...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank note68

Travelers are raving about these Bracebridge hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We purchased a Groupon Coupon that offered an attractive rate for the Inn at the Falls. Their location is far enough away from the main street for quiet but close enough to walk to the shops and restaurants. The Pub adjacent to the Inn offers a patio with lovely views and Pub food that we did not try but heard was very good. Breakfast was included in the price of our room as part of the coupon deal and was served in the quaint main house dining room beginning at 7 a.m. The choice was ample with fruits, cereals, yogurts, boiled eggs, muffins and breads. The Inn offers rooms in the main house, in the Mews with partial views of the bay or in detached houses. Our room was in the Rose House that offered a garden view. The garden consisted of grass and some dying branches that had been cut but not removed. The room was large with a sitting area, a table with chairs, a couch but no fridge. The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub and shower with separate toilet area and a back door leading into "the garden". The fireplace that sounded very attractive is actually electric but provided some ambiance. The decor is somewhere between garage sale finds and not quite antique but fit with a room in an old house. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. Since it was cold when we were there, we opted to leave the window open and kept the ceiling fan running so I can't comment on a/c noise. We were not awakened by any street noise but I can understand if staying there for a wedding, you could be disturbed buy other guests walking about or going to their rooms late at night. The front desk closes from 9 p.m. to 9: a.m. and keys are left in front door mail box for late arrivals. An evening phone number is provided however I am unsure what the night staff could do if your room is not to your liking.

Room Tip: Stay in The Mews if you want a partial view of the bay. Understand the houses will have rooms upstai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Emerald_Bud
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the inn regrettably for two nights. This inn was selected for us because we were attending a wedding at the venue. The venue was dusty with peeling wall paper. The dining room has wires running everywhere so watch your small children. Our room was no better. It was dingy, outdated and very small. There was not enough room for even a simple sitting chair. My husband slept on the floor because the he found the bed uncomfortable and was a double not a standard queen. The windows were covered by lace sheers so the sun shone bright and early in the morning. If you stay here I hope you don’t like your sleep. We were kept up til 1am from the music of the wedding. Not attending a wedding at the inn? Don’t worry. The music from the morning brunch will wake you up at 8 a.m. Excited for breakfast? Don’t be. This breakfast was the worst I’ve seen. They served bread and one type of bagel. Do you enjoy fresh fruit? Well, you won’t be getting any here. Not even a bowl of apples. Care for cereal? Well, they were all out. Plan on spending time outdoors? The gardens are run down and not kept up, mostly surrounded my weeds or dried out. Inn and pub service were very young and very slow. Staff took a break in the middle of dinner service at a wedding!!! All the plates were left on the tables for an extended amount of time. No rating for the pool and fitness room because they dont have one. This place would be charming if they had new owners and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars renovating it. You could not pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2013Christine2013
Giles A, Manager at Inn at the Falls, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear 2013christine2013

Thank you for your comments regarding the Inn. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here. With regards to your room with it being a wedding weekend and being a full house we simply could not have provided you with an upgraded rooms. Our front desks agents did the best that they could with the rooms that they had available. Although we have been updating some of our rooms with new furnishings, bed lines, televisions and fireplaces, we simply have not got to them all.
When there is a wedding at the inn it is next to impossible to control the music that is playing. The bride and groom arrange their party in a way that will make them and their guests happy. Again our front desk staff do inform non wedding guests upon booking that there is a wedding taking place and that there could be some noise pollution. This gives people the choice whether to stay with us or not.
Continental breakfast is traditionally pastries and coffee/tea and juices. We have added several other items to our complimentary breakfast to satisfy the needs of our guests. It is unfortunate that there was no fruit provided on this buffet as that is something that we have recently added to go along with our fruit and yogurt parfaits.
During your dinner on the night of the wedding there were no breaks taken that would have led to plates being left on the table. All our weddings are coordinated with either the bride or groom or their event planner based on our recommendations and theirs. Typically during any speech we do not enter the dining room until after it is completed.
Again thank you for your comments.
tel aviv
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have many good things to write about this place. They have very large and comfortable rooms, generous breakfast in a beautiful dinning room, and reasonable prices, so overall you get excellent value for money. They can though improve their tourist information knowledge, as the receptionist did not know to tell us where the falls are ... or what to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eitravel
London, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a great lunch on the outdoor patio. Food was excellent and wait staff was very attentive. We had travelled for about four hours and this was recommended to us by some friends. It was a welcome break for us. They have some great local microbrewery beers to choose from. We had a Flying Monkey and a Pinot Grigio along with our roasted chicken sandwiches on ciabatta buns. A lovely lunch.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

While this building had the 'historic' aspect to it, is right next to the downtown area and the falls, the main inn and the 'mews' where we stayed was in bad need of renovation. When you step into your room it's like you're stepping into the '50 or '60s. The fireplace in the room is one of those electric ones you buy at Canadian Tore...the cheap cheesy version. The breakfast was brutal, no choice or variety. The floor in the eating area was uneven, I was literally leaning to my right the whole time I was eating. I can't speak to the service quality because my only interaction with the staff was at check in. If the ownership actually sunk some money into the place and modernized it it has huge potential but for now $180 taxes in/night is a massive rip off.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WakeTurbulence
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracebridge
Quality Inn
Patterson Kaye Resort by Regalton
Wellington Inn
Wellington Inn
#3 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Inn at the Falls? Share your experiences!