“Service Superb, Food Great”
Review of Taste - CLOSED

Taste
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have a year around cottage situated between Port Carling and Bracebridge. My wife and I love to dine out year round. One of our favourite stops, particulalry off season, is Taste. We probbaly stop in about once every six weeks, maybe a touch less in summer. Bluntly we have never been disappointed. However recently service and food have been even better.

Frankly the service is genuinley friendly, attentive but not imposing and neither intrusive nor "lingering". The recent creations of the Chef have been even by Toronto standards (I work in Toronto and dine out a lot with clients) is simply superb.

Generally I do not write reviews but feel compelled to do so given on recent dismissive revew. All of us have "off" days but I am simply shocked by negative review. My perception is either its competition driven or someone had two off days and I do not meand Taste's crew.

I've found the service to be at the top in the Musukoka area consistently. I do not think its topped at all. The offerings on each occassion of appetizer and main were very good to superb.

2  Thank Mark L

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went in for dinner in September and were disappointed with the service and food. Food tasted frozen service was unfriendly and very rude. Very disappointing visit again.

4  Thank Gail W
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've had a lot of pasta in my life, but I still have to say the best ever has been here. There are also excellent fish and meat options every time we've eaten there. The service is attentive but not overbearing. The property overlooks Lake Muskoka (eat on the deck if the weather permits, you'll be glad you did). Meal prices are reasonable, particularly considering the quality of the ingredients and the ultimate result in the taste of each menu item. I've never had a meal here that I'd rate below an 8/10. I can't really comment on their brunch simply because I'm not a brunch fan ever.

3  Thank ColmEFabio
ontario_travelever, Manager at Taste, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant, Taste, at Touchstone on Lake Muskoka. We strive to provide the very best in service excellence and feel a great sense of satisfaction when we are recognized for delivering. We greatly look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.

Wayne Patterson-Cloete
Food and Beverage Manager
Touchstone on Lake Muskoka

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great food, personal service and a great view - worth our return visit

1  Thank VeganTrekFan
Reviewed January 28, 2012

It seems that no restaurant in Muskoka can cook a steak properly. Every restaurant we have tried seems to overcook their meats, and Taste was one of them. Although the dining room is nice and comfortable, overlooking Lake Muskoka, the food and service was decidedly average. Appetizers were ok the Caesar was plain, but the steak was medium instead of rare, and the pasta dish was also pretty plain. If it wasn't for the view I would not come back.

2  Thank mandie1277