“Definitely in need of Administration help” 3 of 5 bubbles

Eaglecrest Aerial Park
toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Definitely in need of Administration help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I bought 9 vouchers in 2011 for a group of 4 adults and 5 kids (youngest being 9) to do the ropes course & zip lining. Several zip lined before, in Canada and other places, so we did have an idea of what to expect. I phoned in our reservation, confirmed ages & other details of participants and thought everything was good-to-go.
When the first 5 of us arrived, we were informed our 9 year old was too small. She had to stay back so I stayed with her. At no point on the phone were we told she was too small (yes, I gave ages, height, weight).
I quickly phoned the other parents & kids - enroute - and told them the scenario. After some hassle with the staff they provided me with Guess Passes to use in 2012, hopefully when the kids were bigger.

Fast forward to Spring 2012 and a friend & I make a reservation to use one of the Guess Passes. We drive 3 hours to get there & they've lost the reservation. We played back the saved VM of the reservation to show staff that we did indeed have this reservation. They offer us a climb - much later in the day and not possible for us. We got in her car and drove 3 hours back. No, we were not impressed.

These are just two incidents. Yes, there are more but I don't want to keep slagging a place because I do see so much potential.

Here's what I feel this place needs to make it actually "good" for families:

1. Get someone dedicated to Reservations answering the phone. Someone with a good Customer Service background or going into Hospitality professionally. Seriously! I've called LD a total of 11 times and gone straight into VM every time.
2. Have a person give a consistent answer. My calls were returned, by a variety of people, but all telling me slightly different things. Very confusing & I know it's totally turned a number of friends off the place. Staff are pleasant and polite but any customer gets upset when they feel they're getting different stories every time they call.
2. Have a specific ratio of climbers to instructors. We had 12 in our group and 1 instructor. I've heard of smaller groups having more instructors. Personally, I've never seen a group, even with lots of kids in it, have more than 1 instructor and having 1 instructor only slows things down.
3. Have instructors tell you what you should do with specific climbing situation BEFORE you do them. (not just 1 or 2 people in the group - every climber) Instructors telling you what you "should have" done AFTER you've done a section isn't helpful, especially as you can't go back.
4. I'm told there's another half to the course - more ropes - across a street. That's about it. Never heard of anyone having enough time to go over and do it, which is a serious shame if that's part of the price of admission. It's like going to a restaurant, paying a set course fee and only getting half the dinner. Right now, doing the one zip-line and a small area of ropes course seems quite pricey for a family.

I hope this place works out it's issues (I do think it has great potential) and I hope anyone reading this takes it as tips on what to look out for so they make the most of their experience.

Visited August 2012
6 Thank TorontoTrace

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Pretty good workout.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We bought wag jag vouchers and had to pay the tax not charged with a credit card. The day after it was booked by phone, someone used my credit card number to pay for a day of zip lining. I suspect a staff member must have given someone my card details because the staff claim they have no information about the person that used my card info, even though everyone has to sign a waiver.
The course was fun, level 4 and 5 were very challenging. The zip line is not very good.
I would never pay the fun $75.00 per adult, too expencive for what you get.

2 Thank Photobug07
Ancaster, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Too little adventure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a group of 4 we purchased online coupons for a 3 hour zip line and aerial park adventure. We arrived 15 minutes early as directed then waited 45 minutes while others were added to the group (total 14 in the group - all age levels). We almost missed the big zip as no one called out to say they were heading over - we just noticed movement amongst the other participants. When we made it over to the big zip, we were asked to go to the end of the line since we had orange cables/pulleys attached to our harnesses and the others - with detachable pulleys - had to go first as there were too few pulleys and they had to be relayed back and forth in order for this group (who was only there to do the big zip) to complete their ride.
One hour and forty-five minutes after arriving to sign our waivers the last of our group had stepped off the ladder after our big zip! That left us with less than 1.5 hours to enjoy the aerial park. When we got to the park there were only two instructors, one of which spent several minutes on her phone while six people crowded the first ladder bridge and 3-4 crowded the platform waiting for the early participants to make their way through.
As we were novices to this type of activity, the difficulty level was suitable but the amount of time and instruction we were given was appalling. For the most past we were self-directed in the aerial park and advised to leave after we finished level 2 as the instructors needed to go for their breaks. We did not get a 3-hour adventure as our coupons promised but 1.5 hours of standing around and 1.5 hours of climbing.
I would not suggest anyone pay full price for this adventure, and feel we overspent for the quality of adventure we received!

Visited August 2012
7 Thank Cathy B
Barrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not for adults!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went with my friend after I purchased discount tickets through wagjag. The experience was extremely strange, as the grounds were shared with "Santa's Village", an amusement park for kids. I purchased the tickets to have a nice day up in muskoka and enjoy the scenery. The noise, rollercoaster buzzing around, and people everywhere definitely did not allow that. We decided to make the best of it.

We had to wait around for other people, but were lucky enough to have an all adults group (with the exception of one younger boy). The lady at the front desk was very rude and had lost all of her reservations that day due to a computer malfunction, and decided to take it out on us.

We did the "Big Zip" which is advertised around the place - not big at all.
We then completed the rest of the course, which I thought was the practice course, because it was all stacked on top. I have done zip lining courses before (TreeGo) and had a wonderful experience, however this one did not even come close.

My friend and I ducked out early because we were so bored. We had to stop and wait at each tree from anywhere between 5 - 20 mins because it was so slow. The instructors had to zip back and forth for people to use the 10 ft zip lines. It really slowed down the process. If they had instructors stationed there, it would have been faster.

This place is for children.

Visited July 2012
7 Thank alby04
Caledonia, Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Workout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I did the night climb with three other adults - good sized group - and loved it. You do need a minimum fitness level (and good attitude) to really enjoy this experience. It's about testing your own endurance and maybe even fears, not an amusement park thrill. The zip line is an added wind-down bonus, and not the point of the climb.

Visited May 2012