“Our stay at the Brockberry- Aug-12-13-14”

Brockberry Grill Catering Suites
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Brockville
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine and Stay at the Brockberry. Come in and "Treat Yourself" to a casual dining experience at a reasonable price. Then, spend the night in one of our full efficiency suites. Brockberry Grill & Suites is located in historic downtown Brockville along the St. Lawrence River in the heart of Eastern Ontario, Canada. It is centrally located between Ottawa, Montreal, Kingston and Watertown, USA. All of these destinations are about an hour away. Enjoy Your Stay in Brockville at the Brockberry Grill & Suites have two full efficiency suites for short or long term stays, located in the heritage section of the building on the 2nd floor. Corporate rates are available upon request.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food was excellent , stayed there for 2 nights , room had a full bathroom and kitchen with fridge, was for a reasonable price, but the airconditioner was "talking" all night . It is a very old building so you have to take that for granted, It is a very interesting and historical town, other then that , no complaints.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This Brockville eatery is located in an 1832 building on Brockville's main street. It serves a selection of interesting crepes, "gourmet" burgers, a salmon dish and various sandwiches. We had the crepe special at $15, a ham and chicken crepe with gruyere cheese. It came with a choice of soup or salad. The crepes were chock full of delicious ingredients swimming in melted cheese. If I had a complaint it was that the dish was a bit too heavy and rich, with pools of cheese oil glistening on the plate. Not a weight-watcher special for sure. The chicken soup was somewhat bland and oily and my wife's Caesar salad was crisp and delicious, but the garlic after-taste lasted the rest of the day. Two Ontario craft brews, Beau's and Wellington were on tap for just $6 a pint.

It has a nice patio overlooking Brockville's charming historic district and with a bit of a river view. Quite busy on a mid-summer Tuesday lunchtime. The service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food was good, service good and we sat outside on a beautiful evening, which was very ejoyable. Not sure what it would be like inside as it looked small. They have an entrance for handicapped in the back where you can enter the restaurant without having to take the stairs from the street.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food was very good. The vegetables done to perfection...not too soft , not too hard. The menu had very interesting herb/ingredient combinations, as well as traditional selections. Had a wonderful haddock plate. My husband chose a crepe plate with a great sauce and the salad was fresh with a lovely vinaigrette. We came just before it got busy on the patio outdoors and did not feel rushed to finish our meals.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Sorry for posting this in the reviews for the cafe but I couldn't figure out how to offer a review for the suites upstairs in the Brockberry.

Like most things, there was good and bad at this place. The good was that they'd somehow lost our reservations (after a confirmation Email and a confirmation telephone call) so, fortunately, we didn't have to stay there.

The bad started at the bottom of the 3 flights of cramped stairs where I started to slug our luggage up, favouring my recently-injured ankle. My wife was just then finding out about the mix-up but I didn't know it.

It was one of those terribly hot humid days so I eventually sat in front of the locked door of our room and sweated. It was then that I noticed the pervasive, terrible beer/smoke/urine(?) smell that emanated from the badly-stained carpeting. And I'm talking badly.

I imagined that a junior boys hockey team had spent a few months here sharing a single toilet, perhaps with their skates on.

There are 2 "suites" at the Brockberry and we were offered a look at the smaller of the two (the larger was occupied it seemed). It was a tad claustrophobic and a bit tawdry.

We declined the offer and I slugged our luggage back down 3 flights on my bad ankle. We stayed at one of the big box hotels and it was fine, with a great fitness room and pool.

If you want eats, we'd suggest the Buell - the others we tried were pretty basic. Town was fun and people were friendly.

1  Thank Hogboy47