“Good beer, good food, poor service”
Review of The Barley Mow

The Barley Mow
Ranked #54 of 95 Restaurants in Brockville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Good beer, good food, poor service”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had the voodoo beef and the drunkwn bull beef. Overall very tasty and priced well. The only thing was the poor service we got. No attention what so ever from the waitress.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank igivsj

Eastern Ontario
“Most unique breakfast ever”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I heard the menu changed so I checked it out. Yes, it appears the famous smoked meat I raved about is gone but the replacements look intriguing.
I tried their new breakfast dish known as The Hangover. Be prepared to eat, or should I say feast on a bowl full of goodness. A breakfast poutine filled with home fried potatoes, curds, bacon,a sunny side egg cooked to perfection covered in layers of your choice between gravy or Hollandaise sauce... Topped with slices of spicey barvarian sausage. This yummy feast was washed down by several cups of hot coffee served by a very pleasant and helpful waitress. Next time I think I'll try the breakfast burger...

1 Thank Impressions_Count
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to watch sports. Wonderful food, too.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a wonderful pub with a lot of character and great food. We had the bison burger on 10 dollar Tuesdays. It was prepared perfectly and the staff was nice to let us sit down at the tables.

My only complaint is that there are no chairs on week nights that are open to sit down in. But they were very easy to let us sit there when we asked. This pub has a really special feel to it, and I love the outdoor chairs. Well done.

Why anyone would go to Kelsey's across the road, I'll never know.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank w0rldwise__traveller
Brockville, Canada
“Even a wrap tastes good.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went specifically for a smoked meat, very disappointed that is is off the menu, because we had heard it was good. Service was good, very nice friendly waitress. Nice surroundings food was great...but We wanted a smoked meat! Oh well, it won't prevent us from going back.

• Visited October 2013
Eastern Ontario
“Finally, a genuine Montreal smoked meat sandwich”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

All I have to say is unbelievable. I have long given up on finding a classic Montreal smoked meat sandwich outside of Montreal. Well to my surprise they nailed it to perfection. Congrats. I will be back!

• Visited August 2013