“Rude”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A group of friends and I wanted to try out the restaurant for the first time. We were only there long enough to order water before leaving. The waiter, who claims he's the manager/owner said to the group of women seated at the table next to us "this is an all you can eat restaurant, not an ALL YOU CAN WASTE restaurant" after stating that they had to pay extra for the remaining food left on their plates. The women looked disgusted as did my friends and I. I understand it's part of their culture because fish and all of the supplies are expensive but rudeness, however is not part of their culture. After sitting at the table listening to the conversation between the waiter and the women, we decided to leave a) because we didn't want to be treated like they were and b) it was just rude in general. The women at the next table thanked us for speaking up!
As we were walking out the owner chased after us and explained that they have to pay because they are regulars who are constantly wasting food. Regardless of if they are regulars or not, they should not be treated like sh**. He was pretty much forcing us to come back in and eat. We walked out saying "no thanks, we're just going to go to McDonalds".
Needless to say, the customer service here is poor. I can't say much about the food because we didn't even get the chance to try it and now we never will.

1  Thank h12395

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is excellent quality as good as Vancouver sushi places
service is spotty sometimes fast
Last time I left hungry as it was so slow

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I love Sushi!!! Its the perfect food choice - Kochi has very fresh ingredients, lots of choices (even for those who don't or wont eat sushi) Love the fried cheese wontons. The only bad thing about the place is the extremely rude waiters! Décor is not great, but the food is worth putting up with the bad service. Price is not bad, the supper menu offers some better choices but for $7.00 more I'd rather do lunch. Definitely one of the better places to eat in Brockville.
****Make sure you bring cash if your bill is under $15.00 or they give you a hard time, and check your bill over to see if they included the tip already.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Please do yourself a big favor one day soon and head on down to this incredible and scrumptious all-you-can-eat Japanese Buffet restaurant for either lunch ($12.00) or supper ($19.00), with weekends costing only a couple of dollars more! You also have the choice of ordering a-la-carte items although I personally think that the all-you-can-eat option is much better value.

You can order many kinds of soups, salads, appetizers, noodle and tempura dishes, in addition to sushi and sashimi rolls from their very extensive menu of well over 100 items. Each dish is ordered individually and freshly prepared on the spot. I even saw a young couple bring in a pair of dice and then roll them to decide which particular dish to try next! Such a great idea to encourage you to try something new.

This restaurant has most definitely become a favourite one for my husband and I to frequent.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the best sushi I have ever had. Excellent prices - good value. Friendly and helpful servers. A wonderful place for special occasions, as the food is great for sharing so everyone can try different things. Takeout is also a great option here. Many excellent vegetarian options.