“A welcome find”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Driving to Montreal on a super hot, sticky day, what a relief to find a cool restaurant with really good Chinese food. We parked and walked to Island Delight, and it was just that. Although it is cavernous and not too well lit, a throw back to the old style Chinese restaurants, the food that came to our table was bang up to date, no glow in the dark red sauce here. An order of Singapore Noodles and Ginger Beef surprised us at how good they were. Along with plenty of green tea this was a delicious lunch for very reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I think that the owners of this restaurant would get more business if they upgraded their rugs, wallpaper, and toilets. There is so much spray wax on the bathroom floor that my sneakers were sticking. Spend some money to make the place seem fresh and alive, please! We have eaten here several times over the years. Your food is good, but it is eerie to sit in a big empty restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Usually I don't order Thai food from a restaurant that also sells Canadian Chinese food, but we just moved to the area and have been missing our Thai fix (this is the only local place that sells Thai). The Pad Thai was made with ketchup, not Tamarind. So gross. The chicken and shrimp were tender and good, but I cannot get over a red sauce. The Green Curry Beef was not spicy, and was thickened using corn starch. There was also a lack of coconut in the sauce and the addition of pineapple. Bleh. Will not go back here to eat. Overall a waste of money.

1  Thank Dramachic
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Definitely my favourite place to go for Pad Thai! The food at Island Delight is always fresh and yummy! Their pad thai is full of chickean and HUGE shrimp! My husband loves their Chinese combination platters. They have the BEST egg rolls and spring rolls in town! Highly reccommended and the prices can't be beat!

1  Thank supergirlteacher
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The service was lovely. I really enjoyed the food. I am a great fan of chicken and vegetables. I also had a spring roll and some nice white steamed rice. At the end I enjoyed the famous fortune cookie which left me encouraged ,full and looking forward to another meal at the Island Delight.