“Good price”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brockville
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was staying in Brockville after playing a gig on St Paddy's week-end. A couple of friends had come along too. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful, even to the point of knowing about traffic conditions on the 401 after a large accident that wasn't being reported on the news. Breakfast is included and I was surprised at the variety. There was cereal, fruit juice, scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, toast, bagels, fresh made waffles. I settled for eggs, toast and coffee. I would definately stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Faey06
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in town for an unexpected family crisis which ended in tragedy so our stay was fraught with emotion and worry. We have two little dogs and had no one to take care of them. We could'nt leave them in our vehicle all day for funeral etc. they were very comfortable in the room so we were able to leave them. Staff were very understanding and cleaned the room while we took them for a walk before we left. Not having to worry about them was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a Frequent Business traveller you get an understanding for what is Quality and what is not and after many trips and Hotel stays your intuiton usuallly holds well on the Quality of the place. As they say looks can be decieving and in this particular case they are. An older outer facade but well kept (hard to see in the Dark but evident in day light) initial instincts are what will the room be like.

I can say outstanding rooms all very modern and well kept with very comfortable beds and all the amenities Fridge Microwave in room along with a large TV.

From the time of checking in to a very pleasant and helpful staff member, for being after midnight, to the staff in the morning at check out service was outstanding.

Complimentary Breakfast more than most with Things like Bacon, Eggs , Potatos, waffles along with the usual accompanyments of yogurt, toast, juice, milk coffe etc. More than was anticipated and good as well. A little bit limited on dining space but due to the number of people eating at the this was not an issue for me but could see where many people at the same time might be an issue.

Cost was $115 including Taxes which is reasonable not sure if this rises during the summer or not.

Location is along side the 401 but traffic noise at least in the room I was in was not a factor. Cose to Ammenities such as Tim Horton's, Pizza Hut, Wendy's and also Petro Canada to name a few. Very Convenient as stated above with easy access to the 401 east and west bound. Pet Friendly facility as well. Parking spots are a little tight for Mini Vans and trucks.

If you are planning a short or long term stay with 1-2 people per room I would recommend this hotel for its quality and customer care over many of the other hotels.

Room Tip: Ground floor option is great due to sliding doors makes for easy unloading of Vehicle.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Brockville Comfort Inn on business many times since it has been renovated, and it is now good value for the money. It is clean. Ground floor rooms have patio doors which allow easy access to your car. I like how the upper floor rooms have windows that open. Breakfast in the morning is a tight squeeze space-wise, but I put mine on a tray and take it to my room. Nothing fancy, but scrambled eggs, cereal and yoghurt suit me fine.
I have had trouble with the internet connection once.
Staff is very polite and helpful.
No elevators.
If you find the Holiday Inn Express a bit too pricey, this is the next best thing in Brockville.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms near the ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great spot to stop off the 401. Rooms are very small, especially when travelling with 2 children. Breakfast area is very small. My son referred to it as being on a train. Friendly service, rooms were clean. I think they may need a water softener, as water felt very hard. It is a great location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff were pleasant. The rooms are nicely decorated if on the small side. The internet worked. I had bad luck here. I spoke to the hotel by phone twice - once to make the reservation and once to change the date. Both times I requested a ground floor room as I do not travel light due to my job. They booked me on the second floor so I had to make several trips to bring in my stuff up the stairs. They did offer to help me carry everything up. The TV had some channels that worked - all the french ones. Not the channel I wanted to watch. The clock didn't work. The lights between the beds didn't work. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Were in town and needed somewhere to lay our heads for the night, and the Comfort Inn was great. Where do some of these other hotels which are literally 20m from this one get their prices from? The hotel is nice and clean, has a fridge in the room, and a breakfast buffet, and popcorn for movie night. The staff was your typical smaller town nice people. We were there during a snowstorm, when we were checking out the staff had solved quite a problem for a group of travelers. They had gotten in an accident in the storm on their way to Syracuse for a flight. They couldn't get there becuase their van was banged up. The staff called around and went through all of the possibilities, and found out that it was cheapest to take a taxi from Brockville to Syracuse. The family holiday was saved. In some big town hotels they would have pointed you to a phone and wished you good luck. Well done front desk staff!!!! Really nice to see.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
#4 of 6 in Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
#5 of 6 in Brockville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!