“Comfort Inn Brockville”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brockville
Guelph, Canada
“Comfort Inn Brockville”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great spot to stop off the 401. Rooms are very small, especially when travelling with 2 children. Breakfast area is very small. My son referred to it as being on a train. Friendly service, rooms were clean. I think they may need a water softener, as water felt very hard. It is a great location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff were pleasant. The rooms are nicely decorated if on the small side. The internet worked. I had bad luck here. I spoke to the hotel by phone twice - once to make the reservation and once to change the date. Both times I requested a ground floor room as I do not travel light due to my job. They booked me on the second floor so I had to make several trips to bring in my stuff up the stairs. They did offer to help me carry everything up. The TV had some channels that worked - all the french ones. Not the channel I wanted to watch. The clock didn't work. The lights between the beds didn't work. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pickering
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Were in town and needed somewhere to lay our heads for the night, and the Comfort Inn was great. Where do some of these other hotels which are literally 20m from this one get their prices from? The hotel is nice and clean, has a fridge in the room, and a breakfast buffet, and popcorn for movie night. The staff was your typical smaller town nice people. We were there during a snowstorm, when we were checking out the staff had solved quite a problem for a group of travelers. They had gotten in an accident in the storm on their way to Syracuse for a flight. They couldn't get there becuase their van was banged up. The staff called around and went through all of the possibilities, and found out that it was cheapest to take a taxi from Brockville to Syracuse. The family holiday was saved. In some big town hotels they would have pointed you to a phone and wished you good luck. Well done front desk staff!!!! Really nice to see.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travel constantly and use corporate lodging and Comfort Inns. This is the most up to date and comfortable room away from home. The room is always clean. The heating and cooling is very quiet. Reception is friendly and know their stuff. These beds have the same mattress that I have at home.

Room Tip: Book well in advance. They fill up quickly.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was very happy with the King size room at the Comfort in in Brockville. The sliding door to the parking lot made access to the car very easy and the extra security lock on that door made me feel safe. The make your own waffles in the breakfast area were very yummy but the buffet area was very tight in terms of space. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful when they weren't distracted by the constantly ringing phone. The bed was supper comfy. I would have liked a bedside table on both sides of the bed but otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keller9877
toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2012

It wouldn't take much to have made our room into a much better experience. But it seems that the management has put profit first.
We had requested, and got, a King room. The sliding patio doors made for easy access to the trunk of our car, which was a big help. The room was quiet enough, despite the highway rolling along nearby. We did not have the breakfast so I can't comment on that.
We felt the room was too cramped. On one side of the bed, there was no lamp or night table of any kind, no place to put your eyeglasses, watch, or personal items. Instead, the ONLY place for hanging your clothes was directly above the space where the lamp and night table should have been. the end result is that when the person on that side of the bed got up, their head collided with the hanging clothes - very annoying in the middle of the night. Really, this should have been a Queen bed room. Then there would have been neough room for a night table etc. But I"m sure they can make more profit out of telling people that it is a King room.

Another problem was the heating system. We adjusted the thermostat for the temperature we wanted, but it did not hold and the heater kept coming on. Eventually we had to get up and turn the heat off completely - and this was all after having cooled the room down considerably by having the patio doors open for a while when we moved luggage on a cold evening in November. Nonetheless, we were too hot all night, which does not make for a good night's sleep. Because the only "windows" were the patio doors, we could not open anything during the night for ventilation.

Be advised that the WiFi is NOT available in the room - only wired internet access is available in the room. Advertizing should be clearer on this point.

On the plus side, the mini fridge was quite good. The freezer section had a separate door, and was big enough for whatever a traveller might normally need. And the fridge was empty, not full of overpriced merchandise, so you could use it as you wished.
Another positive feature was a nifty nightlight arrangement. They have some under-cabinet lighting coming out under the bathroom vanity cabinet, which does the job very well.
The bed was comfortable and relatively new.

We had no problems with the staff. It was our choice not to bother with the breakfast.

Overall, I think it was quite overpriced, unless the breakfast we didn't eat was really spectacular, which I doubt. When you have to pay about $140, you have a right to expect a night table and a lamp on both sides of a King-sized bed, and not to bump into your clothes and have the coathangers rattling on the way to the bathroom - and that is the bottom line that I think most travellers would agree with.
We had just come from a nice hotel in Montreal which was only slightly more ecpensive and was very well appointed. Brockville is not Montreal - and this is November, when there is not much going on in Brockville. we only stayed there as a pit stop.

They should change this to a Queen room, add a bedside table and lamp, do something about the overheating, and reduce the price to reflect the fact that it is a Queen room. Then it should be a really nice room.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has all the amenities you require.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Elora, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel room was spacious for only having one queen bed. there was a desk and sofa, a large flat screen TV, and a fridge. You could make coffee or tea in the room, but we chose to eat at the breakfast area downstairs. Their cinnamon waffles (fresh made by us) were soooo tasty!
The only thing we couldn't do was cool down the temperature......we opened the window instead and had a pleasant night's sleep.

Room Tip: I've only stayed there the one night, and the room was fine. I don't know if there is a bad...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
Travelodge Brockville
#4 of 5 in Brockville
The Noble Suites Experiences

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!