Green Door Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Brockville
See available hotels
The Noble Suites(Brockville)
Comfort Inn(Brockville)
Bridgewaters Inn(Johnstown)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Too bad that Brockville is such a hick town. My judgement comes from the perspective of their restaurants, but I will address this in another review. The Green Door is a converted Evangelical Church that has been transformed into one o fht enicest places to stay in all of Eastern Ontario. the owners, (their names escape me) are lovely people. Breakfast is wonderful. Fresh fruits, amzing french toast and bottomless cup of coffee. Freshly baked scones and fresh fruit juices. Yummy. the rooms are immaculate and well appointed. The main building has been completely revamped with a lovely sitting area, fireplace and spectacular kitchen. I highly recoment a visit to this B and B. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadWeary2011
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I can't say enough about the Green Door Bed and Breakfast. My sister is now in a retirement home and my sister's home was sold. The Green Door B&B has become our home when we are
in Brockville. It is a cocoon from the maddening world and a great place to rejuvenate the spirit. Peter and Lynne are wonderful hosts. We just love the "Boat Room". It is whimsical and a great way to cruise without leaving the dock. Cheers to Peter and Lynne

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This trip marked our second stay at Green Door Bed and Breakfast. After driving across Canada, staying at several B&B's along the way, it was nice to know our final destination was a place we had stayed previously and enjoyed.

The room we prefer is the Majestic room, it has a vaulted ceiling, air conditioning (needed in August in Brockville), a large private bathroom, amazingly comfortable bed and is spacious enough to store luggage and still easily walk about.

Lynne and Peter are friendly, helpful and kindly provided us with a perfect dinner recommendation for a surprise birthday party (Buell Street Bistro). We stayed at the Green Door for two nights and enjoyed a breakfast of eggs benedict with homemade scones one morning and quiche with fruit salad and fresh muffins the next.

The Green Door will always be our first choice of accommodation when traveling in Brockville, it is a lovely place to stay and was a nice place to unwind after what was a very long drive. We would not hesitate to return or recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We prefer the Majestic Room, it has a private bathroom, large vaulted ceilings and is spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteelersNationCanada
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had the delightful opportunity to spend 2 nights at the Green Door B&B in the lower level accommodation which featured a lovely guest room and adjacent full amenity bathroom complete with a heated floor. Our hosts were welcoming and gracious serving a well presented and delicious breakfast. The common area for dining and relaxing was tasteful and interesting. We spent 2 quiet "happy hour" evenings enjoying the sitting area before heading out to dinner.
MLO and MSO

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Thankfully, the heavenly Green Door B & B was recommended by friends. The experience was an absolutely stellar one from start to finish. Hosts Peter and Lynne went above in providing me with so much valuable local information, the old church was charming and beautifully redone and my room was amazing (with an antique tub and 14-16 ft ceilings). I was travelling alone and felt very comfortable and secure there. The gourmet homemade breakfast might be one of the BEST I have ever had. Perfect poached eggs over spinach with ham, grilled baby tomatoes, homemade jam, homemade warm cranberry muffins, toast, fresh fruit parfait with raspberries, papaya, pineapple, lovely yogurt AND fantastic coffee. All were served in a gorgeous dining room with lovely tableware. I was impressed by the host's very thoughtful attention to detail and questions regarding allergies and my preference for coffee or tea, the day before. Even the location was perfect as I was able to walk everywhere with such ease. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor where the ceilings are the highest. Lynne had two rooms back and recommended Mrs. Brown's Chambers. The room was spotless, beautifully restored, sparkling, spacious and the bed was high quality. Loved the colour scheme, antiques, bathroom and quilts.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo