“Fantastic B&B experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockville
Green Door Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Brockville B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic B&B experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

By far, the best B&B experience I have every had. Peter and Lynne are superb hosts and the historic building and exquisite rooms are wonderful - their attention to detail is amazing. The breakfasts were exceptional. I would definitely pick this as a the place to stay in the Brockville area and hope I get the opportunity to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Simply divine ! Peter and Lynne treat their guests like royalty . The Green Door is a splendid B&B. The décor is exquisite and the hosts magnificent. I have just returned from a two night stay in Brockville. I slept well and I ate well. The breakfast was superb. I hated to leave because it felt like home . I look forward to returning in the near future . It is so restful and so peaceful there .This is hospitality at it's best. It truly feels like a taste of heaven.

Laura W

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent 3 days at the Green Door ... all I can do is echo the other positive reviews on this site.

The Green Door is immaculate and lovingly maintained, with all the modern conveniences beautifully incorporated into this unique, historic building. Peter and Lynne are in their element as the perfect hosts, and the breakfast menu can only be described as exceptional (varies daily).

Highly recommended, and thanks again for a wonderful visit!

Room Tip: Book the Writer's Room (expect when I want it :-)) - in essence, you end up with the entire base...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start by saying this was my first stay at a B&B. I had hesitated to stay at B&B's before with the thought that I might not be comfortable staying in someone's home. We needed a place to stay for one night to attend a family birthday celebration in the downtown area. I was hoping to find somewhere to stay that was close to downtown so that we could walk to and from the party. I quickly realized that Brockville is lacking accommodations near the downtown area. The Green Door was a perfect compromise between a hotel and a private home. The church has been redone with rooms built into the corners and a large common area that was warm and inviting with a cozy fire going as it was a cool March day. My fiance and I were very impressed with everything including the cleanliness (spotless!), the friendliness of the hosts, antiques in our room, high ceilings, big bright church windows in our room, and an amazing breakfast! We were treated to a lovely breakfast that included fresh fruit salad, freshly baked scones and incredibly light lemon ricotta pancakes.
I would not hesitate to recommend The Green Door to anyone and I am looking forward to my next visit to Brockville so that I can stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa1B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Simply beautiful...

Simple pleasures make a great difference in ones accommodation when traveling. It is not only the beauty of a renovated old church ad the stylish deco but the caring hosts and their great food what make the Green Door one of the best choices to be made, if not the best!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have returned several times to the Green Door B&B in downtown Brockville. It is an excellent B&B-superb rooms, wonderful breakfasts, and delightful hosts Peter and Lynne.

It is a wonderful revelation in how to transform an old church into bright beautiful eating, lounge spaces and bedrooms.

Great everything!

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SaintLawrenceChick, Owner at Green Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for the Green Door B&B in Brockville. It is such a compliment every time you return to our B&B - and always a pleasure to see you again. Regards, Lynne and Peter
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

During my 4 months long business trip in Brockville, Green Door was my home away from home.
I have stayed in the Writers Room for 2 weeks and it is a quietest accomodation within the main B&B. The room has its own hallway and a personal bathroom. The Writers Room gives that classic feel while providing modern ammenities, like heated floors in the bathroom. My mornings started at 5.30am and I was unable to have a cooked breakfast, however Lynne and Peter certainly went out of their way to always leave fresh milk, home made cereal, muffins and fruit in the fridge just outside the room. It was a very welcoming that they could accomodate guests that leave the room very early and come back very late.

For the rest of my stay, I've stayed in the retired schoolhouse upstairs fully furnished apartment. It is a very quiet apartment with a fully furnished kitchen, a cozy living room with a fire place, wireless internet, an attic bathroom and spacious bedroom. Also, the outdoor B&B parkinglot is quite spacious and very secure.
Peter and Lynne were fantastic hosts, ensuring everything was spotless and taken care-off during my stay there.
If visiting Brockville again, I will definately stay at the Green Door.

Room Tip: For a long term stay - stay in the retired but renovated schoolhouse apartment.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peja P
Dear Peja, It was a pleasure to have you with us this winter and we are very pleased to know that you were comfortable. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review on the Green Door. We hope to see you again. Regards, Lynne and Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
The Noble Suites Experiences
The King Orchard Inn
The King Orchard Inn
#5 of 7 in Brockville

Been to Green Door Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!